Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Chicken Soup for the Paranoid Soul

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chicken Soup for the Paranoid Soul
GhostyGhostyy
Neophyte
Member # 45259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GhostyGhostyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so, as you've probably read, I posted a bunch of questions before about an early bleed.

It lasted from saturday to wednesday (I was due to get my withdrawl bleed on Wednesday.

I have taken my pills every single day, never missing one. The latest I've taken it is 1 hour and a half late maybe twice. Otherwise I take it down to the minute.

My boyfriend and I use a condom everytime we have sex. Although there was one time where we wanted to see what it felt like without. He was only inside me for about 30 seconds, nothing happened, he didn't finish or even get close, we were just curious.

But, sometimes I get worried that im pregnant, because I've gained 2 pounds over the past little while (2 months), but that may just be "holiday weight". Mostly, I'm just paranoid I think, but some reassurance would be nice. =(
By boyfriend always reassures me that none of his semen has ever gotten inside me, and I know that I am a perfect user of the pill (3 hour window, right?)....so I don't know why I'm so worried...
It just feels good to vent all this out.

Posts: 39 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahmiller1989
Activist
Member # 44781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahmiller1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I'm on the pill and have been for almost a year. I take them faithfully because I'm really worried about getting pregnant. I take them at 9pm everyday give or take a few minutes. My boyfriend and I have only had sex twice and we were each other's firsts. Each time we had sex he used a condom and pulled out before he was close to ejaculating.

Every time we have some type of sexual encounter, be it vaginal sex or manual sex, I'm always so SCARED that I'm going to get pregnant even though there could be no way that I could've gotten pregnant. Yet I'm always paranoid no matter what. Everyone tells me I couldn't have gotten pregnant and I know they're probably right but I'm always still scared that I could've gotten pregnant.

So for now, my boyfriend and I are trying to refrain from having sex. Maybe all this stress will go away!

Posts: 48 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ghosty!

Okay, the pill has about a 98% rate of success. It's better than emergency contraception! If you've been using it so well (and i think the hour window for most pills is 12) as well as having withdrawal bleeds, then the chances you're pregnant are miniscule. Your boyfriend can ejeculate inside you during intercourse while you're taking the pill, it's designed to be an effective contraceptive.

Are you and your bf also using condoms? they're not essentiel, but definitely a good idea if they'll make you feel safer:)

Do you mark when your periods are on a calender?

Something else you can do for your peace of mind is keep a couple of take-home pregancy tests in the bathroom. They're pretty cheap and very accurate.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.