Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » confused and scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused and scared
myponyjoey
Neophyte
Member # 107633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for myponyjoey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was sexually harassed/assaulted everyday at school for 3 years. I feel stupid, but I'm afraid of him. And I'm totally uncomfortable taking off my sweatshirt when in class with him. I wanted to look into the free counseling in my area but I don't want to tell my mom. I know my school called her and told her when I reported him a month ago but she never said anything to me. I feel so weak and I don't want to tell her I want help. Plus, I don't want to talk to her about how I feel and I know she'd tell me to do that instead. She's my only form of transportation, so I can't do anything without her knowing. I don't know what to do
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi myponyjoey

I responded to this in your other thread. For future reference, we do ask that people only post their question or concern in one thread, not in multiple threads. Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica H.
Neophyte
Member # 96697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessica H.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can still see replies on this thread, even though you don't want to tell your mom, I really think that a conversation would really help. Maybe sit down with her and tell her about your experiences, this can help you to come to terms with it a bit more, and also if she didn't say anything to you when the school called her, this could mean that she is struggling to come to terms with it too. A chat would really help the both of you. Also, tell her that you would want to attend counselling sessions, and i'm pretty certain she would understand. I know you have said several times you do not want to talk to her, but I would strongly advise you do!

Jess

Posts: 7 | From: South Yorkshire | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.