Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Vaginismus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginismus
Yasmine
Neophyte
Member # 37670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yasmine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

My name is Yasmine and I am a freelance feature writer in Australia. I am writing a story on Vaginismus and I am trying to find Australian women who are willing to tell me their stories. I know it is difficult to talk about it, but I think the issue needs more awareness, and the more stories out there, the more people will know about it. Also it might help women sufferers know that they are not the only ones.

All I want is the story, and I will withhold the names to protect your identity.

If you are willing to talk about it. Email me on yasminefathy@hotmail.com Or call me on 0410926461

[Edited: I okayed this query and the use of contact info for press in this case. - HC]

[ 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

Posts: 3 | From: Sydney | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to try the yahoo group, and the vag awareness network to get in touch with more women [Smile]

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yasmine
Neophyte
Member # 37670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yasmine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I tried that, but unfortunatly didn't get any replies.
Posts: 3 | From: Sydney | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yasmine
Neophyte
Member # 37670

Refresh [Smile]
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say I wish you luck, and I think it's really great you're spreading awareness. Unfortunately I can't help you as I'm in the US and have a different but closely related pain disorder, but just in case you can use it, I did write about my experiences on the main site here, in case it helps any.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.