Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » i'm so lonely

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm so lonely
oh_em_gee
Neophyte
Member # 31970

Icon 9 posted      Profile for oh_em_gee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it seems like everyone important to me has let me down and left me.
i'm so lonely. sometimes i don't even want to exist.
my life has never been as hard or painful as it is now.
i'm afraid to tell anyone of how i feel. usually i just think its not their job to help me with my problems.
i hate where i live. my only hope is that i'm moving next month.

Posts: 25 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so lonely right now, oh_em_gee. I don't know much background from your post, but I can say that this time of year can be pretty trying and can make already difficult situations seem more unbearable. It's like you meet up with relatives you don't see often, and you're happy to see each other but people manage to say some pretty stupid things. And then positive everyday things are interupted by all the holiday closing and stuff! Not to mention the weather-- maybe you live in sunny Southern California (which I'm sure gets to be much at times, too) but so many places are cold, gray and blah!

It's very kind of you to support other posters here, especially considering you're going through a tough time right now. What's your situation? Where are you living (like a general description)? Who are you living with? Are you having trouble dealing with family/friends/school/etc.? Where are you moving to and why? What will you be doing there? In any case, being able to move when you hate your current location is a pretty great chance and something to look forward to... it's just getting through everything until then!

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oh_em_gee
Neophyte
Member # 31970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oh_em_gee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my mom and i are living with the most negative people i know (my grandparents). i can't believe all the stupid **** they've been through (forced marriage, rapists in the family, 2 of their kids dying and the other one (the adopted one, my mom) has mental problems (depression/bipolar)

so luckily i missed all that drama, but i still get to deal with my family. and being around them is misery. my grandparents are just waiting to die.

i've had 2 dads, i havent heard from my birthdad for 9 years. my stepdad is super immature and sends me rude, emotional emails. i'll probably stop replying to him again. my mom is too unstable to emotionally support me as much as i need. and then i'm super insecure because i've had a lot of problems with people while growing up.

but mainly the problem is i'm exhausted and tired of being responsible. i'm putting so much hope into january/february because thats when my mom will have enough money for us to move out and into our own apartment again. i'm thinking that once i get away from my grandparents and all of their negative energy, i won't feel so drained and hopeless and i'll have the energy/willpower to try to get my life better.

Posts: 25 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan---
Neophyte
Member # 31786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan---     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This takes a lot of work, but, decide who your best friends are, through out those who let you down because they are not worth anything but pain and trouble to you. From their you can either make new friends, or stick to your best friends.

You said you don't feel its your place to talk to your friends about problems in your life, if they are true friends they will help you out, if you hold everything you are feeling right now inside of yourself it will tear you apart, it's a feeling we all get sometime or another, but that doesn't mean you have to stay that way.

It's true, life really sucks sometimes! You might have a day where everything seems to go wrong, sometimes it can even be stretched out over time but believe me, with time comes change, you are at a low point in your life right now, but don't let that take you down! Push and believe in yourself, you can get through this, you just got to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

[ 12-28-2006, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Dan--- ]

--------------------
When the pain clouds out the goal, try harder...Daniel Fairweather

Posts: 11 | From: HighRolls, NewMexico | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oh_em_gee
Neophyte
Member # 31970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oh_em_gee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whenever you're tired, home is supposed to be where you can go to relax (like recharging a battery).
when i go to my house, i get even more stressed out. i can't stand my grandma. i'd be shocked to ever hear her say something positive. i have like nowhere to go, so everyday i get even more exhausted. my mom is trying to work extra hours so we can move sooner, but she's have major anxiety so she can't even work some days.

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you involved in any extracurricular activities at school or community groups? Do you have a part-time job? Do you volunteer? I definitely see how your home life is really draining– home should be a place where you can and relax– but sometimes it's just not, unfortunately. That's why I'd try to spend as little time there as possible, even if it's just going to the library or going for a walk in the park.

Are you seeing a counselor to talk about all this? It's a big burden for anyone to deal with by yourself.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.