Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Lost & Confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost & Confused
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Chelleboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I've been really down. To the point where I don't feel like doing anything. I hate feeling like this. I feel like I have no one to talk to. I feel like when I talk to others they judge me. I tried talking to my dad but he said I have no reason to be sad. According to him people who get depressed have serious issues going on, not your everyday happy go lucky college student. I just feel overwhelmed right now. I feel like I'm stuck. I even wish I could runaway right now. On top of that I still have this lingering fear I might be pregnant. Over the course of a month and a half I've taken about 5 over the counter tests all which have came up negative. I posted on here about it before. What's even more crazy is the day after I had sex, Aug 16, I started cramping real bad and bled for like a week and a half. I know I probably made myself nervous because I watched that show "i didn't know i was pregnant". Big mistake. Anyways, i'm sitting here contemplating getting a blood test to be sure. I just wish I could run away and everyday Ive felt like crying. I just want to be happy again. Thank you for reading my long post.
Posts: 21 | From: VA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are two kinds of depression. There's situational depression, where something happens -- like a loss -- that causes depression. Then there is chemical depression, where something is simply going on in your body and brain that creates those symptoms. Sometimes both can happen at once, but the point is, many people who are depressed are depressed "without reason."

As well, college can be a tough and stressful time for many students: the idea that college students are, on the whole, "happy-go-lucky" isn't in alignment with the reality of many people your age in school.

Have you yet talked to a counselor or even your regular doctor about your symptoms of depression? If you're in college, you could start with the health/counseling services your college offers.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chelleboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually going to the counseling office tomorrow. My mom suggested I go because I feel like it is beyond my control. The sadness and terrible feelings that is
Posts: 21 | From: VA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and depression often feels exactly like that. Like feeling outside yourself (or trapped inside), feeling like you can't control or even impact how you are feeling, or feeling unmotivated to even try.

Let us know how it goes, but I think that's a great first step. I'm glad your Mom is being supportive.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelleboo
Neophyte
Member # 33633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chelleboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Heather! I will definitely let you know how it goes tomorrow

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.