Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Life Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life Issues
Chandie Lee
Activist
Member # 27228

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Chandie Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just quit college... and I only attended for two days [Frown] I guess I wasn't completely ready to go, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like a failure. Now I don't even know what to do. I have no job, no where to go during the day due to having no car. I'm not a teenage bum; I don't do drugs and I live with my family. I just have a hard time dealing with the real world. I have chronic anxiety and I'm afraid of people. I'm not sure what to do [Frown]

--------------------
*Make me high on lullabiez <33*

Posts: 41 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Neophyte
Member # 30608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey

first of all its better to leave now, than to go for months then quit right? at least you dont the proper thing and done what was best for you :-)

u say u dont really like people etc, have u thought about doing an open learning or home study course? maybe that would suit you better

as you live at home you can survive without having a job, yes maybe you should be looking if u dont wanna do college but that aint the end of the world

i have quit a few courses cos i have realised they wernt for me, i even done a full year of a degree then decided to leave it dont mean ya a failure it means ya honest with urself n that is something u shud be proud of cos u havent jus acted the sheep n took the easy option out by just going along with things

love stace xxx

Posts: 38 | From: south shields | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you been seeing someone about your anxiety disorders? I ask because there are some proven methods out there (therapy, or combination therapy and medication) that can really help folks like you with anxiety issues. My fiance was one, and while he'll never be at home in large crowds of people, he's improved to the point of being able to read in front of the classroom, and give seminars.

Stacey makes a good point about distance study courses. If it's the people, and not the workload that was intimidating you, plenty of colleges and universities offer online courses that people can take. Look at your college's website and see if they offer any that interest you.

It's not your fault your anxiety makes things like schoolwork and jobs difficult; it doesn't make you a bum. But these are things that can be aided with the help of a good counselor, so start there, and see if you can't find a solution that works for you, okay?

[ 09-13-2006, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: wobblyheadedjane ]

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.