Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » anyone with alopecia areata?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone with alopecia areata?
missJae
Neophyte
Member # 22701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missJae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have had this condition for over 8 years. i wonder if there other girls (or guys too) who have this condition (essentially hair loss in patches, occurs mostly in women i believe)
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My younger sister has it too. She's only 9 years old and is the only one in our family to have it [immediate or extended]. It's pretty weird for only her to have it, but then again she's had some health problems in the past that were isolated. Like meningitis when she was younger, frequent ear infections and the like.

She was on some kind of uber-expensive medicine for awhile to make her hair grow back, but we couldn't afford it anymore and now she has a few [not very distinct] patches on her head. Thankfully she's still a blithe little kid and could care less about the condition of her hair.

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.