Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Anyone else....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else....
Nina24
Neophyte
Member # 24957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nina24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi you guys.....is there anyone else here that felt guilt and shame from masturbation. I haven't in 10 years I am 24 now, but just recently started recalling times when I had at a young age, and it's beginning to make me feel bad.
Anyone else feel like this or felt like this and got over it? thanks

Posts: 5 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to send this to Support Groups (even though you do have a thread already about problems accepting masturbation, I think this may be a helpful discussion)
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RageAgainstU
Neophyte
Member # 14199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RageAgainstU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did...wow did I feel awful about it. I started at a really young age, about 10. But after a while, when you get older, you realize that you're not human if you don't have sexuality. If you want to masturbate, you sure as hell should. It's not hurting anyone, you're practicing abstinence which prevents pregnancy and diseases. It's the most fun you can have with yourself without a care in the world. It also is awesome
Posts: 33 | From: Cheshire, CT, US | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually 10 years old isn't "really young" for masturbation. Even infants masturbate in their way.

In other words, it's completely normal for everyone to have masturbated nearly from day one. Many people simply don't remember masturbation in their very early years.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nina24
Neophyte
Member # 24957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nina24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really comforting to hear people with the same experiences and hear that I am normal and what I did was okay.
I do also have a sister I have talked to about it and she says the same thing about it being normal and stuff.
It bugs me that it bothers me but she is so easy with the fact that she has done it too.
I do feel 'better'.....I also have generalized anxiety and I think that has a lot to do with my obsessive thoughts? I'm really hoping when that gets better my thoughts about "mast.." will too.
I am a visual person when I think, so when I think about it, I have images in my head and sometimes it makes me want to throw up.
Anyways. Thanks for sharing to those who posted.
Anyone else out there ever have the same guilty feelings? Tips to get over this?

Oh ya, I am not interested in being comfortable to do it again, I just want to be okay with that I have done it before.
Thanks again

Posts: 5 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nina24
Neophyte
Member # 24957

Is there anyone else out there with these feelings??

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.