Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » o0 the drama

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: o0 the drama
MyTragicTales
Neophyte
Member # 23248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyTragicTales     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...lets just get this right out.
My mother has at the moment 5 dieases. It all started about 4 years ago. She had just gotten into a car accident. When she went to the hospital they decided after many weeks she had a diease, I'd say the name but I fear I will spell it horribly wrong. Then shes left my step father because he was giving her too much stress with getting the diease. Then a over the years, each year, she gets a new diease. She now also has epilpsy, lupus, ms, and mitocondria. I've been taking care of her and watching over my younger, 12yr old brother, and trying to be strong dealing with is. Shes 29 now almost 30, I'm just 13. Its been really hard but I kept it in pretty well until this year. My teachers even thought I might have been on drugs because I was taking the MS and Mitocondria dieases hard because she was in and out of the hospital alot.
Another thing, around my school there is a rumor I was raped when I was 8. The thing is, its true. But I didnt live where I live now when it happened and I didnt think anyone but my closest friend knew and she wouldnt tell a soul. Everytime I find out someone else knows, I almost want to cry. Its really hard for me to deal with it.

Posts: 16 | From: Port St. Lucie, Florida | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any adult relatives with whom you could discuss this. It's a pretty heavy load for a 13-year-old.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RUDeelite08
Neophyte
Member # 23364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RUDeelite08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hunny you need to get help from somewhere. this is too much of a load for such a young kid to bear. Talk to an adult you can trust about this problem.

------------------
*Contraceptives should be used at every conceivable occassion*

Posts: 37 | From: Spotswood.NJ.USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyTragicTales
Neophyte
Member # 23248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyTragicTales     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm have to see a councelor once a week but I dont like talking to people I dont know. && I don't like to really discuss it with any family because neither do they...
Posts: 16 | From: Port St. Lucie, Florida | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygirl88
Activist
Member # 9745

Icon 3 posted      Profile for babygirl88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When things at home are very stressful, it greatly affects other aspects of your life, and I'm sure you are feeling this. You become increasingly sensitive to outside pains because you are already dealing with a lot. You're not able to live a carefree life like the other kids. Or at least this has been my experience.
You are strong, and you and your mom and your brother WILL get through this. Do you ever see your stepdad?
If you ever need a resource even just to vent to, try reaching out to a school guidance counselor. You don't need to pay them, and you don't need to bother trying to describe to them what school is like for you (as you might have to do for a therapist outside of school) because they're already familiar with it. Who knows, perhaps they might know a little bit about your home life, too.
As for the rumors, I wouldn't let them bother you too much, even though pieces of what you hear the kids say is true. Listen up: Only YOU know what happens in your life and only YOU know how you feel about the things you go through. No one else can change that. Plus, people talk about people, it's a fact of human life. Unfortunately, some people speak meanly about other people. You probably don't have a lot of energy to focus on such things right now, but I can understand if it still kinda bothers you.
Just try to make some time to do things you truely enjoy between taking care of your mom and your brother. Play outside, talk on the phone, read a book, listen to music, play basketball, paint your nails, whatever suits your fancy.
If you need anyone to talk, I am willing

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

Posts: 150 | From: !USA! | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyTragicTales
Neophyte
Member # 23248

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MyTragicTales     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you very much. it all very much appreciated. have a wonderful day everyone..reading your posts that are supportive helps. I just have a hard time when talking to people i know about all this.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.