Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » physical abuse during pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: physical abuse during pregnancy
SweetHypnotiq
Neophyte
Member # 23568

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SweetHypnotiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i was pregnant i suffered mmany emotional and physical abuse. my boyfriend would beat me and throw me around throught my pregnancy, and now my newborn sometimes wakes up scared or shaky when he sleeps. is it cuz of that?even though he came out healthy
Posts: 9 | From: Baldwin Park, Ca, U.S | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't think an infant would have memories of abuse in utero.

Studies have shown that abuse during pregnancy can lead to things like low-birthweight and premature delivery. But you said you delivered a healthy baby. Have you mentioned this to the baby's doctor. Next time you take him in for immunizations or whatever, please tell your doctor what's up.

Are you still with the baby's daddy? You said your mom's really supportive; if he's hurting you, you should go to her for help. If not, you can call the Bilingual Shelter for Victims of Domestic violence (323)268-7564 for advice.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetHypnotiq
Neophyte
Member # 23568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SweetHypnotiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah im still with him. I mean, they say that when your pregnant the baby feels what you feel... i was also suprised i had a healthy baby, i went through ALOT when i was pregnant, and i would of thought it would of harmed my son.
Posts: 9 | From: Baldwin Park, Ca, U.S | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 9 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to start thinking seriously about leaving, for your baby's sake as well as your own.

Even if it seems like the abuse has stopped at the moment, the overwhelming likelihood is that it will continue in the future.

And even if your baby doesn't get physically abused too, he can suffer a whole lot of emotional harm from seeing you be abused, or living in a household which is full of violence.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.