Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » im so jealous!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im so jealous!
x_Stacey_x
Neophyte
Member # 22980

Icon 9 posted      Profile for x_Stacey_x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my best friend recently has started seeing this boy and they are now going out! I know i shouldnt be but im really jealous of her i dont fancy her boyfriend though. I text her last week and she never text back, her boyfriend spoke to me on msn and said how she texts him off her sisters phone. I've decided not to speak to her till she makes the first effort, am i being really jealous and over the top? Please write bk x
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a good idea to stop talking to her, that won't help anything. But at the same time, you can't always be the one who goes to her.

Try finding a time when you can really talk to her, not over any sort of IM, tell her it is very important, and explain to her how you feel. It needs to be okay with you that she has a boyfriend, as long as he doesn't treat her badly and she's happy, but that doesn't mean you're just going to stand by if she ignores you and doesn't talk to you and stops hanging out with you to be with him. That's not friendship.

If talking to her doesn't work, it may be time to let her go and find new friends.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunflower85
Neophyte
Member # 22968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunflower85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a very usual problem. Your friend is going out with someone and suddenly she hasn't as much time for you as before. I've experienced this and it wasn't fun at all, I said to myself if I get a boyfriend I wouldn't do this to my friends. But unfortunately, I admit that I did. But I wasn't really aware of that then, it just happened that I met my friends more rarely and it wasn't because I didn't like to hang out with them anymore, I was just in love and so busy with this that I didn't have much time left for my friends.
So, don't be angry with your friend, I'm sure she still likes to be with you and soon she will realize how much you mean to her as her friend, just have patience. Because you can't only be with your boyfriend all the time, you really need your friends too!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.