Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » i thought i could trust them

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i thought i could trust them
King
Neophyte
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dont you just hate how some people just dont care about the people around them!?...
Well something happend to me that is a perfect example of this. I HAD a friend that visited this web site with me, i was something we could have in commen and we liked it. but for some reason she told one of my VERY less mature friends, what some of my postings said because she read mine because she found out my user name, and when she told this VERY less mature friend (whom i no longer associate with) he went and told a lot of people, and he said " well its you'r fault for putting it on the internet" though my identity WAS protected, and he TOTALY doesnt feel bad about it or anything.I thought i could trust them and they both just stabed me in the back, i dont even know what i did to them to deserve this. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!! ....got any suggestions anyone?? what should i do??? THANKS

[This message has been edited by Alex Nolastname (edited 05-12-2005).]

Posts: 34 | From: Hamilton | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, the point of an internet handle is to give anonymity, but a lot of people just choose it as an alternate identity that's very linked to their real identity. This is the case with me, but then again, i'm not that concerned about who finds out who i am. But for the rest of you users who ask us very sensitive questions, yes, the information is archived, so you need to protect your identity by hiding certain identifiers. Keep your city and state in your profile, but be prudent in choosing your username.

But as for backstabbers, sorry, but the world is full of them. You just have to pick and choose the people you confide in. It's not that you deserve to get screwed over, it's just one of those things stupid people do to good folks, and you just have to avoid it in the future.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
different
Neophyte
Member # 23404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for different     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's not much you can do about what I lable as your 'e-reputation' being exposed or corrupted; I myself am fearing one of my friends somehow coming across something that links me directly to this 'e-rep.'
Not much you can do once the deed has been done except for try and stay confident and tell yourself what they know is the truth, and it is how you wish to live your life.

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.