Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: Safer Sex & Birth Control.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Pill Concerns

Author Topic: Pill Concerns
curiousgeorge4
Neophyte
Member # 16312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorge4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started taking the pill about a month ago and it's going well (allesse 28). I poured over every information paper and booklet about this medication that i could find, but i still have a few questions that haven't been answered by the page, and my next appointment at the clinic isn't for another month, so i was hoping someone here who is on the pill as well can tell me some answers to a few quick questions.

1. How many pills do you have to take before you can trust that it is working up to it's full potential?
2. What do you do if you get sick and throw up? is it still effective??
3. what kind of spotting is normal, and how long will i be on the pill before that goes away??

thanks so much everyone.
-J

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this isn't really Support Groups type material, I'm going to move this to Safer Sex and Birth Control, where you can get some more replies. But basically, a) most pills say one full pack is a good estimate for when the pill is working, b)if you throw up immediately after taking the pill, it may be less effective, but not say, a few hours later and c) spotting generally occurs a slight amount during the first month or two, but settles as your body gets adjusted to the hormones.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.