Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Question?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question?
MissKiss
Neophyte
Member # 21995

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MissKiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I don't know where this would go, but I'll give it a try. I posted it at another board, but no1 answered. I worry alot, so maybe you have help me not worry. Plus I'm kinda stressed, I recently moved away from close family and my close BF. And its really getting to me. There's probably nothing to worry about, but...just to make sure. My period is very light, almost not even going. I'm turning 15 Feb.20th. I started the Feb. 10th, or so I thought? The 1st day I bled the most, but not like I use to. Today, very very very! little, really none... I use to have to change my pad like 5 to 6 times a day, now like 1 to 2 times a day(if that). And also, its more of a brown color? And I'm not sexually active. Is something wrong? Or am I worring about nothing?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insomniac242424
Activist
Member # 21965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insomniac242424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should see a gynocologist. They're not the most fun people to visit but they can help a lot more than anyone here could...
Posts: 52 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissKiss
Neophyte
Member # 21995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissKiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate going to the doc. But when I have to, I go. If my periods don't get any better, then I will ask my mom about it. She knows now, but she don't say anything. She never really had "the talk" with me. She waited to tell me about my period until I got it. Which I think it kinda surprised her when I did get it. But anyways...What could it possibly be?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods can be vary greatly, especially if you are young and have not had your period for a long time. Stress/emotions can seriously wack things out of order, so I would most likely attribute what's happening to that, if you have been emotional lately.
Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissKiss
Neophyte
Member # 21995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissKiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I haven't been exactly emotional...but sad that I can't see my family like I use to (every day) Knowing that I can only see them at least 1 to 2 times a year...well it just isn't going to work for me. But hopefully I can accept it sooner or later. I think maybe that's my problem. Thanks for the replies!

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not uncommon for young women's cycles to vary from month to month. A lighter and shorter period one month really isn't anything to get all worried about ...

If it happens a few months in a row and concerns you, maybe you should consider speaking to your healthcare provider about it.

(Please don't doublepost ... It usually doesn't get your questions answered any faster)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.