Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I was Raped...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was Raped...
wyldeantics
Neophyte
Member # 20678

Icon 4 posted      Profile for wyldeantics     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im very new to this site... but I read some of the other topics and I really think that this site helps alot of people. I am 17 and I was raped over the summer by a 23 year old. not a day goes by when I dont wonder when he is going to come around a corner when I'm all alone and try it again. it has ruined my life. Im pressing charges, but not much has been done so far. my family life is suffering, and my love life even worse. I dont know what to do. I feel like the world caves in more and more each day. I was just wondering if anyone has been through the same thing, or has any advice on anything, especially my boyfriend, we have been together for almost a year and I dont want to throw our relationship away... thank you, Sierra
Posts: 1 | From: Guilford, Maine, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sierra,

There are a few rape survivors here. We also have a few threads i can point you in the direction of, where you can read about other peoples experiences.

Are you in any sort of counseling right now? Counseling isn't for everyone, but some people swear by it. And counseling comes in different varieties too ... Appointments can be made for you and your family or you and your boyfriend to sit down and discuss your concerns together.

Have you looked for support groups in your area? A doctors office or health unit would be a good place to start. Many people also find this very useful.

Some threads to check out; http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000006.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000403.html

Articles to check out;
Dealing With Rape

Hope this helped a bit. Please continue to seek out the support you need right now. It is out there.

- Hollie

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dqbaby
Neophyte
Member # 20696

Icon 14 posted      Profile for dqbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am also new to this site but I read your story and I can relate. I am younger than you but I have also been in a similar situation. I dated a boy for over a year and a half. He was my first boyfriend and I was dumb. He emotionally, verbally, physically and sexually abused me for a long time. No body noticed. I ended the relationship about 4 months ago and got a restraining order on him. I still see him everyday because he still attends my high school, it kills me. Not knowing if I am REALLY safe.

I was raped, repeatedly. I know all about flashbacks, nightmares, and triggers such as smells making me cry when nobody knows why. Child Protective Services refused to investigate because they thought it wasn't "threatening enough". Even the judge who tried my restraining order acted as though he wasn't a threat. My family life is gone, my parents feel guilty for not noticing but pull away from me because they realize they know nothing about me. My love life, to the outsider, would look flourishing but I cannot trust nor gain a real emotional attachment to anyone. I have gotten help and on-line resources play a big part in that. Just know that all these things that you are feeling are natural and that you WERE a victim, but now you are a survivor.

Thanks for sharing your stories, I hope things start to look up for you. ((hugs))

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esperanza
Neophyte
Member # 20456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for esperanza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow. i know this is a sensitive issue and i thank u girls for posting these messages. i wish u the best and sucess. thank you.
Posts: 4 | From: utah | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.