Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Should I tell someone ???????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I tell someone ???????
Member # 7415

Icon 4 posted      Profile for super_star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other night i was at my stepsisters house and we were drinking and stuff... But she had scissors in her hand, and definetly cut her wrist... I tried to get the scissors from her, but she wouldnt give em to me. So, i guess what i want to know is, should i tell someone about this? Like maybe one day she will really kill herself. She's been through a lot too,like she had an abortion just a few months ago, and she never sees her dad, she was in the hospital cause she took extasy and almost died. So, please help me, should i tell someone?? IF so, who??
Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. If someone if putting themself in danger, you have a moral (and sometimes legal) obligation to try to keep them safe. You can talk to a relative you trust, or call a crisis line (Kids Help Phone can be reached at 1-800-668-6868, and should be able to refer you to resources in your area), and I think you'll feel a lot better if you do. I'm going to try to send this over to Support Groups, where we havea lot of other topics on cutting, abuse, abortion, and similar topics.

You're the one I adore
You're my C64

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.