Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » "Crazies" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Crazies"
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just watching girl interrupted, and I wondered.....
How many people here have psychological disorders? I know a lot of us have clinical depression, but what about other things? Like BPD, or schizophrenia? And how'd you deal?
Just thought it'd be interesting, thanx for your replies.

------------------
Yeah, well I'VE got blood dripping out of a hole between my legs, do YOU?!?
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i wouldn't actually call anyone a crazy for having suffered through a condition of that type...but i have an anxiety disorder.

------------------
http://beam.to/anode2ryan *My Ryan Page*
"Don't go in the teepee without a condom on your peepee"~Dumb & Dumber

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea sorry about that ~ i mean it sarcastically. ive got a condition, too.

------------------

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*stands up*

hi, I'm Lemming, and I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder (manic depression).

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/ .

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I'd imagine there's plenty to diagnose.

I like to think of myself as a human. I have strengths and weaknesses. I try to offset the latter with the former. I don't see that its healthy or "moral" to pop a pill twice a day to suppress part of myself.

I see them as inextricably linked. My creativity is a product of any "disorders" I'm stuck with.

In short, I have grave problems with Western society and its love of diagnosing every "disorder" anyone has.
I'll admit theres a place for medication and psychiatric care, I just don't think it should be as wide-spread as it is.

Of course, my opinions are my own - I don't advocate anyone halting their medication as a result of anything I've said.

------------------
ThIs Is AnNoYiNg!!!!!!
8u+ +H1z 1Z R3311Y r3311y @nN0y1nG!!!!!!!!

You vil use ze condoms, or ve vil use ze hot poker!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm lets see ...

As of April this yr, i was diagnosed w/ clinial depression, anxiety/panic disorder and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) so yeah ... i guess i have my share of problems

But i agree w/ you ThisGuy!! Meds are used far more than they should be ... However, there is a point when there just is no other option. When i was at my worst, i was in bed 24/7 and that was that, there was NO talking me into living my life ... i wouldn't. So after a 10day stay in "prison" (aka psych ward) I was put on Zoloft. It really helped me for a few months ... not w/ feelings, but i could function. After a few months, i decided against my moms and doctors wishes to stop taking them. And i made it ... I'm doing alright now tho, pill free.

I agree w/ talk therapy most of all i think. But no one should ever be forced into it. After i got out of the hospital, my mom made me go and there's no point in that. I'm sorry, but you can't make someone talk, it doesn't work. going to a psych. so i can stare at his shoes and count the seconds til i got the h*** outta there did nothing for me but make me resent my mother. However, i am going back into therapy through my school ... I'm pretty happy w/ that fact cuz i swore up and down that i never would, b/c it's so hard for me to talk. Some issues have popped up again since i've become sexually active and i'm terrified of losing my bf soooo ... i have to do this, for both of us ...

Anyone who has ever had these probs or is going through something like this now is free to find me on icq or write to me thro email. (I believe my email is in my profile, if not and you wanna talk, let me know ...) I might give really crappy advice (depending on the topic of course) but i'm always here to listen, because i know sometimes listening is the only thing you *can* do ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been diagnosed with Chronic Manic Depression (Bi-Polar), Complex Partial (temporal lobe) Epilepsy, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and a mild case of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).

So that makes me CMD (BP)/CPE/PTSD/OCD, but definitely not crazy Just fragile and highly medicated (Prozac vs Tegretol)..

Ah, the joys of having neurological disorders!

entropie

------------------
honeylaser's site

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wrestling on and off with post partum depression / post partum mania (what the heck does that mean? makes it sound like a shopping extravaganza.) since Augustish. For a while I was very distant and apathetic about my baby's wellbeing. I knew deep down inside that he wasn't crying to be annoying, and that I should have been taking care of him, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. At night I'd lay down to go to sleep and wake up hearing what sounded like millions of babies crying in my head. Luckily my mother took a month and a half off from work to help me, and I've been getting better. I talk with my doctor at least twice a month and have been getting used to this whole parenting thing. I still hear the crying, but I tend to ignore it nowadays. I feel terrible for being so indifferent to my baby in the first few weeks of his life, but I have come to understand that I wasn't really the me I was used to, and since no harm *ever* came to the baby, it wasn't a terrible and evil thing for me to feel.

And now you-all know just how 'crazy' i am.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i'm negative nancy, and i'm clinically depressed

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BeautyS
Neophyte
Member # 1383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeautyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last year i went to a psychologist and a psychiatrist after spending about a month in my bed and almost failing out of school. i think i was diagnosed with manic depression or something but i don't really know, i stopped going to the psychiatrist after the word "prozac" was mentioned. i think sometimes people really need to be medicated but other times it's not the best option. like now i've gotten things together and went from nearling failing all my classes last year to pulling off an above 3.0 average this semester, without drugs or very much profesional psychiatric help. just supportive friends and stuff and figuring out how's the best way to help myself. but whatever, just my 2 cents.
Posts: 5 | From: Washington, DC, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm KittenGoddess, I have social anxiety disorder (let me just tell you, it's a legitimate problem, and don't let anyone tell you it's not!), and the depression that goes with it. How do I deal with it? Well, I'm not a big fan of the idea of being medicated, so the only thing I take is an herbal mood balancer called sam-E. I sometimes talk to someone, which seems to help when it gets really bad. But mostly I just force myself to get out and be around people I don't already know, even if I may be scared to death at first. It gets easier as time goes on I think.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile."
~Lynda Barry

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Brittany and I have no idea what's wrong with me. My therapist never said anything (but I was only with her for a few sessions) so maybe nothing is. *shrug* All I know is I like to cut (she did say I have bad coping skills) and I get depressed. Also I can't let myself be happy and my family thinks I just want attention.

As for medication, I *wanted* something to make me happy, but my mom wouldn't let me. Mostly I just cut myself or get in a fight with one of my friends and we just yell at each other and get all the anger out. Probably not the best ways, but eh whatever works...

Brittany

------------------
"...a ready supply of playdough that anyone can create the stuff of their dreams from" - Mz S

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my new fun topic. I just got out of a mental hospital after three weeks. I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, impulsion towards self-injury, and possible borderline personality disorder. whoopee! But really, I'm just happy to be home. My suicide attempt was probably the biggest mistake of my entire life. Now my parents are afraid to leave me alone for 5 minutes. I've missed a month of school. Everything is a big mess. Grrr, but at least I'm alive. Now I'm on weird drugs. Zoloft and Depakote. yea. lots of pills. The depakote makes me tired all the time which sux, but they say that will go away soon. So yea, I'm out of the loony bin and life is slowly returning to normal. Oh yeah, and also, the hospital I was in was very much like Girl, Interrupted but worse. Checks every 15 minutes, weird old bowling alley in the basement, some crazy people and some normal people. The worse part was that it was co-ed, we weren't allowed to watch soap operas or talk shows, and the PC rule- no personal contact, including hugging, playing with hair, holding hands, etc.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

[This message has been edited by PoetgirlNY (edited 15 November 2000).]

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was diagnosed with clinical depression in April this year....I basically stayed in bed for weeks at a time and was absolutely unable to face the world, make decisions (should I get up?/eat?/go to Uni?) or have any form of social contact. After getting on meds and off meds again, I finally started therapy a few weeks ago, which seems to be the best way for me - the meds changed me too much and I had pretty bad side effects.
I still see myself slipping in and out of negative thinking these days...so there is a lot that needs to be worked on.
I am just a regular lunatic

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 15 November 2000).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it offers any hope out there, in my teens I had chronic depression with bouts of mania, post traumatic stress disorder, epilepsy, and I was suicidal.

Today, aside of the occasional bout of depression, none of those things cause any real trouble for me, and have passed on completely.

(Btw, myt epilepsy was later attributed to nutrasweet/aspartame, which is so common it isn't even funny, so if you do have epilepsy and you consume aspartame, it's worth mentioning to your doc, because if that is the cause, it's as simple as never eating or drinking it again.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Poetgirl-
I was wondering about Border Line, thanks for answering.
Can you give me some information about it? I know everyone has symptoms of it to some extent, but I'm begginning to wonder...
Thanks Guys!!

------------------

PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I lost the stupid facts sheet that the hospital gave me about borderline personality disorder. Have you seen Girl Interrupted? The main character, Susanna has it. If I find the sheet, I'll post some basic facts.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a page here on BPD..

Miz S.. that's what they told me.. that Aspartame was causing my epilepsy, until they did and MRI and found "mini-tumors" dotted over my white matter (brain insulation).. I figured that it wouldn't be Aspartame anyway, I can't STAND diet sodas and chewing gum (yuk!)..

You're a real gem, Miz S.. hope for all us crazy teens..

entropie ye old neuro disorder gal

------------------
honeylaser's site

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to find a teen that doesn't have depression these days! I have been depressed off and on. I found out through my mom that my doctor was just about to send me to the loony bin like NYgirl had to do. Because I was showing signs of wanting to kill myself. Never did tell him about the knife incident. But anyways, I also am ADHD! anybody else here like that? You hear about it all the time these days, well I currently take prozac, imipramine, and ritalin....10 grams of rit....not sure about the others...I take ritalin 2 times a day now...it used to be 3 times a day and up to 15 milligrams! Imipramine was for my depressive/VERY low self-esteem. not sure what the prozac is for yet......oh well!

Josh

hmmmmmm maybe I'll start a string in All about you room on Medications...what do you think Miz S?

Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emma*lee
Neophyte
Member # 1956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emma*lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just a short note from a girl with experiance.
there are medications out there, and they *DO* help. dont be scared to ask a doctor about them, because they wouldnt be out there on the market if they didnt help. I was scared for years to get on pills to help my depression/social anxiety. but now i cant imagine life without them. if your scared about them changing your personality... isnt there something about your pesonality thats hindering you? ----> the disorder in the first place......

emma...

Posts: 8 | From: grand rapids , MI, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've got depression. I've had it for about four or five years straight, and although it gets worse and then better over time, at best I'm always at least mildly depressed (at worst -- well, I've missed literally months of school because of it). I'm not and have never been on medication -- I'm not even going to a therapist that can give me medication. I have some sort of weird desire not to go on it, which I can't even remember the reasons for. The way my therapist handles my depression bugs me, though -- she thinks it's a learned behavior pattern and classifies it as mild (anything that causes me to miss that much class I wouldn't call mild...).
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
I have clinical depression. Was hospitalized with it for 3 weeks in 1988. Am now on imiprimine. I tried to withdraw (supervised) from imiprimine in 1994. Big mistake. Was out of commission for 3 months. After resuming imiprimine therapy, I have been OK ever since.

For those of you who have had a bad experience with an antidepressent, don't give up hope. Often it's just a question of finding the right drug that works with your body chemistry. I tried Prozac, Zoloft, and amyltriptiline before I found that imiprimine worked for me. I expect to be on it for the rest of my life. Then again those with juvenile diabetes will be on Insulin for the rest of their lives. There is no shame to being on a life-saving chemical.

------------------
All paper clips are born free, but they live in chains

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm just a teen. That's what my brother diagnosed me with. I'm just growing, but I do have my problems, including eating disorders and depression.

I would like to give mad props to the people that have gone through with disorders and are working on their problems. It's tough, but you're getting through it.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had my depression come back hard last night! It was bad......really bad. But thank god I'm over it..for now.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dargon2
Neophyte
Member # 2013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dargon2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we comparing evils?

My list includes: Borderline Personality Disorder, Clinical Depression, Obsessive-Complusive Disorder...I've been a victim of rape, incest, emotionalphysicalsexualverbalmental abuse, And my newest Dargon-ism is Vaginismus, which I just found out thanks to my hubby and the Sexpert.

Is it a contest? Who is the most messed up? Everyone votes for themselves because Nobody understands, Nobody knows what I'm going through, My brain stopped working a week ago and I can't get out of bed in the morning...

I know. I'm right here, too. But that's when Girlfriends have to stick closest.

------------------
My madness is accentuated by my obsession...so be it.

[This message has been edited by PoetgirlNY (edited 11-30-2000).]

Posts: 17 | From: Kelowna, BC, Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<raises hand> Hello, as of yesterday I am certifiably severly clinically depressed. But I have never felt better. I think it may be because I know I can get help now. My psychologist is the coolest.
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have ocd, ADHD, Bipolar Spectrum (mostly the depressed part). I'm also a cutter, have been for about three years. As much as I truly hate saying these word I was also sexually abused. ptsd gets mentioned on occasion but has never be technically diagnosed. It is really nice to know I'm not the only one out there with a long list mental problems and medications to go with them. Uh, well, I think that about covers it.

-Rio

Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat
Neophyte
Member # 1543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it's great that so many people responded to this post.
my bf has been strugleing with schizophrenia for the main part of his life and my mother is shrink.
his problem is that they have tried to put him on medication but when ever they try he always ends up quiting it. it doesn't trust shrinks and thinks that its his own thoughts and he can cure himself.
i feel bad, because it was under my deep influance that he got on medication again. but it hasn't had any effects.
nobody at this age should be worring about mental illneses

Posts: 20 | From: Basking Ridge, NJ, US | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squints
Neophyte
Member # 2246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for squints     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was 'sent away' for something stupid...I don't like talking about being depressed or having some sort of anxiety - because it just seems to be the trend now-a-days, you can never tell when someone is 'faking it'...everyone has a day or two of depression here or there...then there are those of use who just had a rough life, per se...

It seems you can be clinically depressed or anxietic (I made that up) now-a-days because your boyfriend of a month, who you just so happened gave your virginity up for, dumped you. *confused* Sometimes I don't get it. (okay, I admit, my example was harsh - but it happens!)

My mom has this friend, who's son is completely...I don't know...he's always talking about how crazy he his and how he's always being sent away, and everytime something like this comes up, I think about that because that is just plain annoying. He does it for attention, and you can tell...it's kinda sad, and he does have issues, but hey...he's not really trying to help himself, I don't think - and I mean, you have to at least try... We all have our ups and downs right?

Not that talking about it is annoying! I just don't want to be annoying to others! So what do I do, talk about people who annoy me. Oooh, I'm going to make a good first impression around here, I can tell all ready!

[This message has been edited by squints (edited 01-02-2001).]

Posts: 9 | From: Lock Haven, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've never been professionaly diagnosed with anything other than OCD. However, I have reason to believe I may have Schizoid Personality Disorder, and a mild-to-severe depression which has been around for four years or so.
So, I can't be sure what I have/am. And my parents won't let me see a shrink, despite cutting and suicidal thoughts. *sigh* At least I'm not alone. So to speak.

------------------
Don't ask me about my day. Please.

I'm not one to pay attention to anything going on, unless it's in my way. < Koeki_14

Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

I no longer identify as a "crazy." I've been through enough BS with the mental health system to know that they make their money off of diagnosing and medicating people. I've decided to just live my life in the best way I can and not worry about what anyone else thinks may be wrong with me. Once I stopped believing the doctors, I started to heal myself.

------------------
You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a sunflower!
-Allen Ginsberg

angelicmadrigal
Activist
Member # 8854

Icon 2 posted      Profile for angelicmadrigal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mental Disprders, mental disorders?....hmmm OH Wait here's my list!

1. Moderate-Severe Clinical depression: Let's just put it this way if I wasn't on high doses of anti-depressants I'd be experiencing suicidal hallucinations at the moment. Oh and feel worthless/more miserable. I'd be unable to concentrate because I'd be thinking about how much my life suks, and ow EVRYTHING in th WORLD is MY own personal fault.

2. Social Anxiety Disorder: With out my meds I can't leave the house without having a panic attack because I think everyone is watching/judging me/trying to hurt me.

3. Generalized Anxiety disorder: Worry all the time about things that might/will/or won't ever go wrong/happen. Unable to concentrate on anything but how much my life already sucks (from the depression) and how much my life is going to suck more ( if it possibly could) when something goes wrong.

4. Explosive Behavioral Disorder: This one everyone loves. I get very agressive instantly for no reason whatso ever or for small things. I go into fits of uncontrolable rage. I break things, scream and yell, and I almost killed my X-boyfreind's cat(it was VERY difficult to muster up the control no tto fo that). After that I usually either pass out/black out witihin minutes after the "tantrum" is over. This only happens about 3-4 times a year when I'm under VERY heavy stress.

That's the extent of my diagnosed mental disorders. But I've been described by a few freinds that know me really well as having a very Multi Faceted personality. There is the nice, friendly, quiet, creative, slightly introverted,guilty,opptomistic Jamie. There is the loud, bossy, manipulative, violent Jamie. Then there is the very introverted, pessimistic, hopeless, fatatlistic, suicidal Jamie. And very rarely do any of the facets of my personality cross categories. It's not like MPD ( multiple personality disorder: think the movie 'Cybil') but it does drive people who know me NUTS.

Posts: 100 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thats a long list above me. but my pycological disorder i've had since i was like born. and i hate it!! I have an overactive bladder, i go to the bathroom almost every hour or sooner.the more i think about it the more i have to go!! Im so sick of it. we cant go on any long trips anymore because of it too.
Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomCat
Neophyte
Member # 8515

Icon 12 posted      Profile for TomCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I'm TomCat And I have been diagnosed with Bi-polar,Aniety Disorder,OCD,Suicidal Idiations,Sleeping Problems,And Many Other Non Pshyc..Disorders lol So If You Ask Me I'm A Full Fledged Nut in other wards. I'm a certified wack job [I have the looney Bin trips to prove it~] So I think s that about sums it up I will go wallow in my wacky meaningless life and go lack at my self in a corner..J/k lol
[ON3]

------------------
[TomCat]

Posts: 21 | From: Philly,PA-Reston,VA-[USA] | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomCat
Neophyte
Member # 8515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TomCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes And To Think I Forgot A Few Things...
Both of My Parents And A Few Relatives And My Best Friend Are All Suicidal,I've Been Emotionally & Physically Abused,Molested By My Cousin,I Have Cystic Fibrosis & Cronic Sinusitus[I Just Had My 5th Sinus Surgery 2 weeks Ago].Ummm Yea Now I Think I've Got It All..I Know For Sure that Theres Sum I Left Out But Oh Well...That Should Be Enough Dirt On Me To Last Ya Awhile.
[ON3]

Posts: 21 | From: Philly,PA-Reston,VA-[USA] | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.