Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Why was that crap invented????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why was that crap invented????
Jill-of-the-jungle
Neophyte
Member # 6244

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Jill-of-the-jungle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a little bit of a drug problem, I pop pills and smoke weed. My friend wants me to try Crystal Meth and Cocaine. I want to try it just to experince it, But I'm scared. I don't want to hurt myself. Is there anything wrong with trying something once? I'm afraid I won't be able to moderate it and end up killing myself. I think my friend knows what she is doing. I really want you guys opinion.
If I'm about to injure myself to the point of no recovery I want to know. I gave up trying to stop. I went for almost two months with no drugs, then I went back to school and the first day back I started again. I feel so dumb like I should just be able to stop but I can't. Greg says just don't do any more and then someone gives me some kind of pill. I'm addicted to having something in my system. I start playing mind games with myself telling myself I'm sick just so I can take more pain killers. This isn't a pity plee, Im not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me, I guess this is just a last cry for help before I fall to far down.

(edited because those long --- lines were making it hard to read)

this ever stop? no but it changed!

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 01-14-2002).]

Posts: 7 | From: USA, SC | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, as a standard disclaimer, we can't endorse illegal activity of any kind.

and believe me, you're not going to get any sort of endorsement from me.

you sound hesitant to do something dangerous. that's your good sense telling you not to do it. really. don't do it. i honestly can't tell you any good that can come from this. maybe i'm just biased because i am clean and don't take any illegal drugs. but really, crystal meth can really mess you up, and so can cocaine. they're both stimulants and will make you very awake at least. and at worst can trigger a heart attack. and big surprise, they're illegal.

is there harm in trying everything once? i think there is. after all, you don't throw yourself into heavy traffic just once for kicks, do you? you don't swallow razor blades once for kicks, do you? then why pollute your body with something that's just going to make it work overtime and then make you feel tired as all hell when you're off it?

And why'd you give up trying to stop? I think you can still stop if you want to. It's just that it sounds like you're going about it the wrong way. After all, you're still hanging out with the same people who still offer you more of the stuff you don't want. They don't sound interested in seeing you stay clean. It sounds like you're going to need real help if you want to get cleaned up. talk to professionals. Try rehab (it's not a bad thing, I have had friends go, and they've come out 200% better) if you have to. Get greg to help you out. And in the mean time, avoid the people who will offer you more drugs. You said it yourself, you want help. i know you can get help if you are willing.

Anyone got links for Alateen, Narc Anon, and some of those organizations?

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't really add more than what Gummy has already said. I do, however, have some links you may find useful.

Narcotics Anonymous I actually have experience w/ this one b/c my mom and her ex bf used to go together. Her current fiance is a "sponser" for another recovering addict as well. I used to go to meetings w/ them when i was little ... It seemed like a great group of people to me.
Addiction Helpline
Drug Addiction Help
Online Recovery Resource Directory

Best of luck sweetie

------------------
*~*Smurfie*~*
Scarleteen Advocate

"When I am alone I am not aware of my race or my sex, both in need of social context for definition."
~ Maxine Hong Kingston

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 01-09-2002).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munchy
Activist
Member # 6463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there is something wrong with trying something once. Most people that are addicted to cocaine got addicted the first time they tried it. Crystal meth is the same way. You said, "I'm afraid I won't be able to moderate it and end up killing myself." You won't be able to moderate it and you could very well end up killing yourself. Please don't do that to yourself. You also said, "I feel so dumb like I should just be able to stop but I can't. Greg says just don't do any more and then someone gives me some kind of pill. I'm addicted to having something in my system." Don't feel dumb about not being able to quit on your own. This is a chemical thing, not a willpower thing. Like you said, you're addicted to having something in your system. I don't know who Greg is, but if he's giving you advise he should also know to tell you that you need to find another group of friends. Like Gumdrop said, if you don't change your environment (the people you hang out with) you won't change your behavior. I wish you luck and hope you get the help you need.

------------------
Munchy, the Munchkin, the Monchichi

Posts: 64 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm, wow cupcake comes out to the world.

As much as I resent doing this, I'm being blackmailed into doing it.
My best friend, seems to think I have developed a dependancy to alcohol.

I think she's full of it, cause it's not on a regular basis, and such, but apparently I should do something about it.

I was into drugs and that stuff a while ago, got detoxed out of it, but stuff has been getting bad lately, and this just seems like a way to relieve tension.

I checked out some of those websites up tehre, but didn't really find much helpful.

There now I think my job is completed, and i'll go now.

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cupcake:
I was into drugs and that stuff a while ago, got detoxed out of it, but stuff has been getting bad lately, and this just seems like a way to relieve tension.

I had to say it, Cupcake, but that could be a problem. It's okay to escape from your problems now and again, nearly everyone does. But when you pick the same method over and over again, especially if that method is potentially harmful or illegal, then it's time to look hard at what you're doing. If you can't handle stress without drinking (and I don't mean just saying you can, but putting your money where your mouth is and totally giving up drinking for 2 weeks or a month, no matter how stressed you get), then your friend might be right.

Friends who care are a good thing. Wrong or right, it's good to know she cares, no?

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettyinpink6986
Neophyte
Member # 6769

Icon 9 posted      Profile for prettyinpink6986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, my name's lissa. my best friend of 9 years moved away a year ago. we still kept in touch, but then she started hanging out with a new group of people at her school, well, we still talked but not as much. one night, someone got her to try some drugs and gave her an overdose. now she's been in a coma for the past 5 months, they didn't think she would even live through the first week. she is still in my prayers every night, we are only sophmores in high school, and i don't want this to happen to anyone else, so please stop before you hurt yourself, and others
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I CAN, it's been done before, I just despise it.

And yes, it's kinda nice to have her around sometimes

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to get drugs out of your life is to not even try ones you haven't!!
honey, if you try it once and like it you won't be able to stop! so why bother?
just quit everything cold turkey and push the drugs OUT of your life.
I know where you've been I used to be in to the bad stuff (I'm still trying to get out of it and I'm only 14)
so just try to get the stuff out of your life while you're young.. you'll feel alot better if you know in life your not doing anything wrong.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.