Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Early Bloomers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early Bloomers
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you an "early bloomer?" Did you hit puberty before anyone of your peers. How did it make you feel? What were some problems you encountered? Strange looks from strange people? Unwanted comments? Did anyone treat you differently because of your earlier-than-statistical puberty?

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was most definately an early bloomer... I always hated when the girls in the fourth grade would tell me to wear a bra, "because I needed it," and always being hit on by older guys when I wasn't even a teenager. I was a 34C by the time I was in 7th grade, and only 12... it was a very uncomfortable situation. I hated getting my period early as well, because it meant that I had to worry about tampons, etc. while all of the other girls didn't have to.

------------------
"Do what you will, always..
Walk where you like, your steps...
Do as you please,
I'll back you up.." ~DMB

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was definitely an early bloomer. In third grade, the first time someone told me I needed to get a bra, I was very offended. After that I felt pretty special. I got lots of attention from older men, and I got to wear a bra, which seemed pretty cool at the time. When I was twelve, and my friends started drinking and smoking, I was always sent in to make age restricted purchases. For some reason, although I never looked 18 or 21, having breasts really helped. I think it was a combination of looking perhaps 14 or 15, and they felt less guilty selling that stuff to someone of that age than 12, and the other part of it was being able to flirt convincingly. But in the end, buying cigarettes and alcohol at the age of 12 wasn't such a great thing anyway. Other than that, there weren't many benefits.

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't exactly an early bloomer, but from about 3rd to 6th grade I still had all my baby fat & was kinda chubby. I can still remember this one time at the park, this one high-school age guy comes up to me like how old are you?
"eight," I said.
he says "too bad you're so young. If you were older I woulda asked you out, cos you have a really nice rack."
I was disgusted. When I lost weight i still had larger breasts, but it was more common then so i was OK.

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.