Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » happy topic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: happy topic
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i know this is support groups, and it seems to have a tradition of being sad, but i figured it was worth throwing in a happy topic. happiness never killed anybody, right?

well, i figured this belonged in here, because it kinda seems to fit.
for the longest time, i've had the hardest time doing anything sexual with a guy. Yeah for past trauma. Or not. my most serious bf and i actually broke up because of it, because i couldn't do much at all, and he was getting really frustrated. he couldn't even finger me, my body wouldn't let him. oh well, if he was going to get frustrated, it's good that he's gone.
Amd the last while, with my new bf, i have been a lot more open, i would kepp flipping out, like crying hysterically, shaking, remembering stuff, and apparently at one point i actually collapsed.

but yesterday, i got this idea in my head that i wasn't going to let my rapist win. it's my life, and hell if he was going to have another part in it. i never realized how strong my will was. it was hard, REALLY hard, but i managed not to cry, not to flip, and to even think about it. it's amazing. i had this cool ahppy feeling going, i still do. it's like 11 years of history lifted off my chest.

i guess i just figured i'd like to share this story.

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 7 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Cupcake!
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful! I'm so proud of you! Sounds like you've probably still got a long road ahead of you, but you've taken a major step.
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Group HUG!!!

on that note, how about everyone discuss what is making them happy with their lives at this juncture!

i'm looking to the future. it's so bright, i gotta wear shades i feel good about myself, about my body. i'm confident. and i feel loved and appreciated. it's good. it really is.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my job! After (surreptitiously counts on fingers)...well...a variety of jobs, shall we say, I think I've finally found what I want to be when I grow up. Despite kid snot, leaky ceilings, delayed book orders, expectations of infallibility, and frequent mayhem, I LOVE BEING A SCHOOL LIBRARIAN!

And, oh yeah, the rest of my life is pretty darn nifty as well!

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, cupcake! That's a great story, and I'm so glad you shared it.

I have a lot of crap going on in my life right now, so this thread is a good reminder that it's not all doom and darkness. Let's see, happy things:

I have an incredibly supportive husband who adores me.

I have two very amusing cats.

And I have chocolate ice cream. <grin>

Kyth

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 10 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! This looks like a great thread to come back to Scarleteen in!

I have been extremely busy lately! (Absolutely no time to lurk or post here, unfortunately. ) I started college in the fall (at 16 years old!) and have been really enjoying that experience! Just yesterday figured out what I'm going to take next semester. I thought I should start on the core requirements for the degree I'm going after; Performing Arts: Dance! It'll be 14 credits, which include Ballet I, Jazz I, English 111, Speech 111, and French I. Yay for me! I am so happy to be able to dance for myself again, and getting college credit for it is even better! Listen to me all of you... don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something you know in your heart you love! After I moved here 7 years ago, I didn't take up ballet again because my "friends" told me I was too fat to dance it. I don't know why I believed them, because they weren't even dancers, teachers, medical professionals etc. But I called them friends, and a friend wouldn't lie right? Wrong, in this case. Now I just say screw 'em! I'm 5'6", 145lbs and loving all my classes! And I am advancing in ballet rather quickly. See you on Broadway!

------------------
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes, it is so easy to get tied up within all the bad stuff going on in our lives that we forget the good stuff too. Thanks, Cupcake, for making us pause and remember that.

Great things in my life:

I'm getting married in April to the most wonderful man I've ever known. He still gives me butterflies, even after almost 6 years

My recent knee surgery went well, and I can continue my Tae Kwon do training.

I am a kick arse cook.

I have two adorable (yet fuzzy) children/cats

Right now, the list of "good" stuff is pretty long for me, so we'll just leave it there...

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well...

i spose a good thing would be that i'm going to have a girl's night out/bonding experience/sleepover/moviefest/party thingy with some of my bestest best girlfriends tonight!! no guys allowed!!

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOH CrazyGirl! Broadway...AMEN TO THAT! i always dream of being on Broadway! i love Andrea McArdle!
Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For once in my life, I am happy. Most of my anxieties and neuroses are under control, and I am able to enjoy life. I've got fantastic, supportive friends and family, and I've been getting along pretty well with my dad, which sure is an accomplishment! I'm not doing as well in school as I'd like, but I'm still enjoying a few of my classes. All in all, I am loving life.

------------------
"I talked for hours to your wallet photograph
And you just listened.
You laughed, enchanted by my intellect...
Or maybe, you didn't."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.