Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Going insane....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going insane....
PepperCat
Neophyte
Member # 5581

Icon 8 posted      Profile for PepperCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to be losing it... as it seems latley that I am so overwelmed...when it rains it pours, My b/f ignores me for the internet, and his videogame playing friends,and forgot our one year anniversary, I can't stand my Mom as she and I don't get along and can't live with each other, as for my Dad I dont know him, most of my friends seem to be turrning out to be not so good friends, as my best friend just stabed in the back and stole 300$ from me! I just dont know what I am going to do...I am going insane!!! Where do I start, where do I go? Any advise or just a friendly word would really help out right now! thanx
Posts: 3 | From: Kent, Wa. USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the immortal words of Gilda Radner, "It's always something."

Really, it usually is. Step back and breathe. That's the first thing.

The hext thing you do is change what you have the power to.
For instance, deal with the $300 issue: confront your "friend," and if she/he doesn't do the right thing, call the cops. Let go of the other friends as well who really aren't friends. Talk to your boyfriend. Talk to your mother.

But first, breathe. Life is like this a lot.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, try and relax a little and the best thing to do is deal with everything one at a time, starting with the biggest things to get them outa the way.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always found journaling to be very helpful in dealing with stress and crappy situations. I use my journal as an emotional dumping ground for anything difficult or painful or stressful. It's been particularly useful when I've needed to work through issues that I didn't feel comfortable talking about with anyone -- I can write everything down, think about it for a while, come back, write some more...

Might be worth a try.

Kyth

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with kythryne, I usually always write when I am feeling down. It just makes me feel a little bit better, and after I dont want to rip everyones head off.

Also if you have someone really close to you like your boyfriend or girlfriend, you could talk to them. I know when I really need someone to talk to I talk to my boyfriend and I talk his ear off. I cry and have anger, but it makes me feel better in the end.

Try it, I promise it should do something for you.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Life can be so hectic. Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out. I'm honestly someone to be insecure, and a BIG worrier.

Realize that things can be SO much worse and handle each task one at a time. It'll get better, I promise.

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.