Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » no where to turn

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no where to turn
Beautiful day
Activist
Member # 3703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why is it so hard to find one person who will understand.. why is it so hard to get anyone to listen and care.. i have been batteling this depression so long.. that while everyone is getting happy i feel im stuck back at the starting line. I contemplate everything in my head a thousand times.. running through with meanings and theories of why society is the way it is.. and here i am.. stuck in this hole that i can't get myself out of.. questioning.. what is my purpose here.. no one will love me for me.. they love the sex they love the package i come in.. instead of its contents.. but what i question is.. why do i care?? everyone else seems to be happy not bothering with all the contents.. just sticking with the skin.. and they are happy.. and why cant i be happy too??? god i feel so screwed up...
Posts: 59 | From: Toronto/Ont/Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay to feel screwed up. It happens.

Have you actually been diagnosed w/ depression? Are you seeing a professional about this? Are you on any kind of medication?

Dealing w/ depression is hard ... It's a hard thing to get over. And a lot of the times it's not something that you CAN get over, it's something you have to deal w/. When seeing a therapist or psychologist or some such, you learn ways to cope. Eventually you'll learn to accept things the way they are, rather than always end up trying to change things. Acceptance is always easier than trying to change things that aren't always under your control.

As for the love and sex bits ... Are you in a relationship right now? Maybe you should talk to your partner about your feelings now. If you're not happy having sex, don't. It's that simple, really. Unless it's making you happy, why do it? Honestly, it will cause more problems than anything. Don't live your life by what others do ... It'll get you nowhere and make you resent the world. It's YOUR life to live. Don't go by others' standards. Make your own ...

Good luck hun

------------------
--Hollie West
*~Scarleteen Advocate~*

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful day
Activist
Member # 3703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well see heres the thing.. ive tried seeing a phychologist, it did nothing.. all she did was refer me to someone else who told me she wasnt accepting new patients. so i was left with nothing... and besides that she told me things i already knew and quite frankly i didnt feel comfortable with her. it is so freakin hard to get any help!!
and to answer ur other question.. i am not in a relationship right now. even if i was.. he wouldnt have cared.

Posts: 59 | From: Toronto/Ont/Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is important to have a good relationship with your theripast, it is a much more subjective field than say oncology. It is possible for someone to be a good doctor in some feilds, regardless of how well he or she meshes with the patient. That is not true in terms of being a theripast. Somebody could be a great shrink for one person, but a terrible shrink for another. I really doubt that someone could be a great say dermatologist for one patient but a lousy one for another. So if you don't mesh with the first theripast you find, try another one.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John is right. It's often much tougher to treat problems of the mind than problems of the body. It's important to have a good relationship with your therapist, to trust your therapist, and to be patient, as changes don't usually happen overnight.

Also, dealing with depression is often (though not always) a combined approach, therapy AND medication. Only a psychiatrist can proscribe medication, but there are many more people who are qualified therapists.

Don't give up. People DO care about you, you just don't see it right now. Believe me, I know. I went through most of my high school career depressed, believing no one cared. When I went back to visit after graduation, at a time when I was doing much better, mentally, I was amazed at all the teachers who asked me how I was doing and were truly happy that I was doing well. These are people who had cared about me and worried about me during high school, and I never knew it. Believe me, folks do care, even if you aren't aware of it.

Good luck on finding a therapist. Keep trying.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.