Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Hurrah for me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurrah for me!
ComeOriginal
Neophyte
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComeOriginal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my mother found out about my cutting and overdosing. And I'm finally getting therapy. It's been a little over 4 years since I first started feeling depressed. I don't even know if I AM depressed...that's what I'm getting help for. I just wanted to send out this little plug and maybe others just like me could feel some/give some support here.

Never never have I EVER listened to someone tell me that I needed to get help or "it's so great once you let it out" and believed them. There's no reason why anyone should believe ME...I just wanted to let everyone know that I am here for you all! And that *I* could use a little support if I'm really going to make this work. Thanks!

Posts: 33 | From: Georgetown, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

It's so great that you're getting help, and i hope you have a lot of support from close friends and family, and i'm sure you'll have lots of support from ST!

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ComeOriginal,

great that you're starting to get help. Am sending lots of positive energy your way for you to make this work. Starting therapy is a big step and I hope that it will help you figure some things out.

And no worries: we'll be there to help you through all along the way.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good for you. and it's also good that you're positive about the idea of getting help instead of being afraid. when you first start counseling or therapy or whatever you call it, it will be hard at first. it's hard to get used to sharing so much with a stranger. make sure that you feel comfortable with the person you're going to see. that's the most important thing. and don't lie. i made that mistake. you have to be completely honest and open, or else they can't help you. good luck!
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.