Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Starting Over.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starting Over.
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know alot of us are starting college. A new city, a new state, new friends, new living arrangements. I'd like this thread to be devoted to your thoughts on starting a new school and a new life.

I'm leaving on Tues. the 21st and am a little anxious. I feel pressure to do well acadmically and branch out socially. I would also like to meet lots of nice guys, not jerks, as I just broke up with my boyfriend of 7 months.

How about you?

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I leave for college on the 18th (well, hopefully, but more on that later). I used to be both anxious and excited. On one hand, I'm finally getting to leave my horrible home (which is the main reason I'm going to college, in fact), and go somewhere with weather I like. On the other hand, the idea of living on my own is a bit scary, especially since I can be so utterly incompetent when it comes to day to day living. And spending chunks of my time in a place filled with 18-to-22 year olds isn't exactly my cup of tea; the stereotypical college student is someone I want to stay very far away from. Plus, I'll miss my dog a lot. I'm not worried about friends, considering that I function perfectly well without them. I'm dreading the "So, do you have a boyfriend yet?" questions that will inevitably happen. I'm not really concerned about academics, necessarily, although I am afraid that my depression will start kicking my butt again and I'll end up doing poorly in classes.

Unfortunately, through a combination of stupidity and bad luck, I might not be able to leave for college. All of my anxieties about living on my own have been pushed to the wayside as a result of that.

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I won't be moving anywhere this year, I'll still live at home with my family, and I'll study in the same University I did last year, only I'll change my course. I'll do my 1st year again, in a new class, in the course I wanted in the 1st place This will be for me like "starting over", because during last year I didn't get to meet new people in Uni, I was too closed up, didn't like the people in my class and they didn't really talk with me, I was kind of doing it all myself because I was in a course I didn't like etc... so this year, although my personality hasn't changed, I'm still shy and all, but I'll try my best to make a brand new start and get along with people, and try harder to get better grades too And if I happened to meet a couple nice guys it would be great, because I don't have almost any friends, and I really need someone to trust... and I tend to get along better with boys I'd love if I found a best friend this year

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.