Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » kinda need some advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kinda need some advice
justaguy
Neophyte
Member # 5048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justaguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for about 6months since we moved my older bro got my into this computer game RPG i was soo stuck up in it (addictded) to it i kinda just went through my school year in this new city playing this game to pass time im no computer gaming geek or anything like that but in my old city 7th 8th grade and 9th i always was outside with friends goin to movies and stuff like that but now when i go out side i feel like an outsider i get shy around people i just want to go back home and hide in my room or somthing but im through with this game sold my account on ebay got 500$ for it i want to open myself up i would like to start dating with girls again but im just afraid of being turned down or to shy to ask girls. inside im a real sweet guy i dont argue i dont hit i dont cuss call names act big and bad i dont change my attitude with my g/f around my friends i always listen and real supportive of what they want and have to say i mean im about 5'8 brown hair brown almost hazel eyes nice teeth i weigh about 125 not to skinny not fat not to muscely either i dress well nothing to preppy just casual i guess you could say. im just confused on what i should do another thing even though i dress well and stuff at school i hang out with the skaters and stuff cause i just dont fit in with the preps and dont like none of that R&B music i just dont have anything in common with preps. Ladies if you have any suggestions how i could start talking to girls agian what i should do to get their attention and notice me would be great =)

[This message has been edited by justaguy (edited 08-08-2001).]

Posts: 12 | From: Austin, Texas, US | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me like you have been out of the friendship loop for a while, and maybe people don't know you too well at your new school. It might be best to focus on gaining a group of friends rather than dating someone at first. Because, you know, unless you know someone as a person, the dating thing doesn't work so well, in my opinion.

And if you do find someone you like, it can be easier to talk to them in a group of people than it is all on your own.

So with the new school year starting, why don't you see if you can find some activities, clubs, whatever to join and maybe meet some people that way? Also, there may be some new people at school as well, and they tend to really appreciate a friendly hello and can be easier to make friends with, girls or boys.

But other than that, the best way to get a girl to notice you and to start talking to them is actually to say "hi!" Just introduce yourself - maybe ask a question about a class you're in together or anything, really, that you might have in common.

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justaguy
Neophyte
Member # 5048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justaguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the advice
Posts: 12 | From: Austin, Texas, US | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 12 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are most welcome!

See, you're polite too - you have a lot going for you!

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irregularchic
Neophyte
Member # 5072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for irregularchic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have to agree with what the other chica said.
I hope you realize that there are girls out there that aren't going for the looks, they're looking for specific things. I don't think that you should have fear, even if you do get turned down. Life goes on.
I did that, I used to be a geek, and then when i went back to my other way, I felt terrible. I didn't want to see guys, date them, listen to them, or have anything to do with them. Then, I got contacts and changed my hair style, and my looks, and now my best friend is a guy.
I like guys the best when they just try to be friends first, and then if the girl seems interested, kinda start taking her out, and then become boyfriend girlfriend, but that may be just my opinion.
Hope I helped ya in some way.

------------------
One Crazy and Irregular Chica
~. All i ever wanted was love, all i ever need is love, but all i've gotten are broken hearts~

Posts: 5 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.