Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Sorry...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sorry...
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for just writing this here... but I need to just say it...and get it out of my head.

I haven't seen a single human being all day. Its now almost ten ::shrugs:: oh well...this is not what I came to say.

I came to say that I'm feeling dangerous again. I hate feeling this way... I want to crawl out of my skin... there is nobody to talk to and its to late to call someone... so im writing this here. please dont worry I'm sure I'll be okay. I just needed to write it down that I'm feeling dangerous.

thank you

Rio

P.S. please dont worry ok

Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel. Human contact is important. Why not get out and take a walk or something before you turn around and realize it's 10 o'clock?

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, writing it down isn't going to do a damn thing for this situation, and you know it.

When you're feeling this way, you need to tell someone. Go to the hospital. If you have no way there, call 911 and they'll come get you and take you there. That's what these services are for. If you can, get in to see your therapist ASAP! If you don't tell anyone, they can't help you. Internet support groups can only do so much ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And if you can't seek proper help, do something. Anything, really. I've been basically isolated for a few days (partner's too tired to do much more than sleep), and I'm not fond of it at all, so I'm making onion buns (they're rising right now), and plans to see a friend soon. Look around the net for craft sites, recipe sites; I find that doing anything prodcutive helps a bad mood sometimes.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're both right... If you're ever feeling dangerous you need to get help. That help can be anything... From having your mom sit with you to going to the hospital to calling a crisis hotline. Whatever it is, you should have someone to talk to (and it's better if they're with you in person). When we get alone with ourselves we start dwelling on everything and make events, emotions, and people seem worse than they really are. I know I tend to bring out the bad in things when I have nothing else to think about. It's only natural. So you need someone there with you to calm you down and look at the situation as it really is, and not how it looks in your mind.

And if you don't feel like talking about the situation with them, have them color with you. Maybe you could cut out pictures from magazines and make a colage of how you're feeling. Or bake a cake! Baking always puts me in a good mood . Just find what you need to do to help you get through the tough times.

When I was feeling dangerous a few weeks ago I had my friend with me; we were on the town, taking a break from our camping trip. I had my pocket knife with me, and I felt the urge to cut myself. I saw people doing drugs, and I got upset. "How can people do that to themselves?" And I threw the whole thing out of poportion... Before I knew it I felt like the whole world was a bad place and that I wasn't safe. So I got out my knife and handed it to my friend. I just asked her to hold onto it and talk to me about her day. She kept me from hurting myself and helped me realize how nice the world can be by telling me about how much fun she was having camping.

So whenever you're feeling dangerous do what you need to do to be safe. Good luck to you .

------------------
Don't mess with Texas

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Mary said, baking is fabulous. And eating the finished product is the icing on the cake! (No pun intended!)

------------------
I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering; fundamental differing.

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.