Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » i was molested by my dad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i was molested by my dad
redhead21
Neophyte
Member # 4962

Icon 4 posted      Profile for redhead21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am 13 years old and on new year's eve when it was turning 2001. I was molested by my father. He touched me in my kitchen witth my mother sleeping on the couch. It was 4 in the morning. I told my dad i was going to bed. Then he came in my room and told me he was sry. I 4gave him and wondered to myself why i had not cried. Then my father came in my room 4 the 2nd time. and he molested me all over again. i told my mom when she woke up. that is when i finally cried. My father haad been drunk & my mom found him on the toilet barfing. I don't love my father nemore. i pretend 2 4 my mom 7 my sister and lil brother. but he has taken away my childhood and i need help. I need 2 talk about this. that is why i am posting this. i am only 13 & can't do this on my own. I have told 3 friends 2 of them know who it was that did this 2 me. but it's awkward 4 them. I think they don't know if i want 2 talk about. But please help me. I need it.
Posts: 1 | From: rescue, california, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad you feel that its time to get help. As you said this is something that is very hard to work through on your own. This is a very good place to get your situation out in the open. And the people here will do what they can to help you. But you really need to discuss this with someone who can really be there to help you. A trusted adult, a family member, a clergyman, school guidance counselor are all good places to start. Its easier for them to be there when you need them and they can do more to help than just give support. Though support is something that will really help a lot. It takes time and effort to work through molestation. Its not an easy task but you can do it. Hope this helps.

Rio

------------------
"There are a lot of hidden nerds. I'm aware of the exciting man in Trent The Nine Inch, but I can see the nerd in him, too. People who become the front runners often used to be outcasts or loners." - Tori Amos

Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent advice, Rio

redhead, you never did say if you're mom is supportive to you ... ?? If she is, she may be able to help you sort out some of your feelings. It's also not uncommon for her to be feeling torn b/w her husband/partner and her daughter. I would suggest help for everyone in that household, as this not only affects you, but everyone else in some way or another.

------------------
I have this nagging fear that everyone is out to make me paranoid.
~ Anonymous

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And whatever happens, make sure you know that you're not alone in this situation. There are tons of people just like you going through the same thing who want to get help. You've taken the first step by asking what to do, and you're on your way.

------------------
I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering; fundamental differing.

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donutduchess
Activist
Member # 4675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donutduchess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My stepsister got molested, and she has been traumatized ever since. This happened about 7 yrs ago too.

The worst thing she did not do was get help. Honestly, I think the best thing to do is to go to a counsellor once you told someone you can trust. They can help you work thru it!

Good luck! Im sure things will work out fine!!! Be strong!

Posts: 76 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.