Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » emotional problems...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: emotional problems...
short stuff
Activist
Member # 3415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for short stuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone. Well this summer hasn't been the easiet for me. I have had a lot of time to just sit down and re-evaluate myself and my life and everything around me.

Well, that has actually led to this thing.. where I get really sad and just start to cry. For example.. my boyfriend came over last night and we were just watching television and something came on that reminded me of something. I just started to cry. It happens quite frequently. I don't really understand it and I was wondering if anyone knew some ways to get over it.. or some sites to look up. Thanks a lot for reading this and your advice. Take care!

------------------
(heart) always, sarah boo

*I need to know if you were real, I'd hate to think that I've been fooled again*
*I think I'm jealous of your girlfriend...*
*I cry because I know he doesn't feel the way I do. I cry because I think of how pathetic I am. And I cry because I think I'll be crying forever.*

Posts: 90 | From: seattle, washington, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, i go through different hormonal fluctuations (especially right before my period - I'm one mean chick - yikes!) depending on my time of the month. Could this, perhaps, be it?

If you find that you are struggling with depression for more than 2-3 weeks at a time, you should probably visit your doctor and see what s/he would suggest for you.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get like that sometimes, but if it's happening a lot, like lisa said, i would recamend heading to a docter or professional.

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

------------------------
"You already know at least 4 women who've been raped...and you don't even know it."

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your cycles could very well have something to do w/ it ... Charting when you start your period, when it ended, how long it was, and rating your days on a scale of 1-5 on how you feel would help you and your doctor decide if that may be the cause of it.

This is taken from depression-screening.org:

If you have been experiencing five (5) or more of the below symptoms for more than two (2) weeks, if suicide is a serious concern, or if the symptoms are severe enough to interfere with a daily routine -- see your doctor or qualified mental health professional.

Persistent sad, anxious or "empty" mood

Sleeping too much or too little; middle-of-night or early-morning waking

Reduced appetite and weight loss, or increased appetite and weight gain

Loss of pleasure and interest in activities once enjoyed, including sex

Irritability, restlessness

Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment (such as chronic pain or digestive disorders)

Difficulty concentrating, remembering or making decisions

Fatigue or loss of energy

Feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless

Thoughts of death or suicide

------------------
I have this nagging fear that everyone is out to make me paranoid.
~ Anonymous

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa D:
For me, i go through different hormonal fluctuations (especially right before my period - I'm one mean chick - yikes!) depending on my time of the month. Could this, perhaps, be it?

I get like that, too. One time I was watching Rugrats with my 4 year old sister and I just started bawling because I thought the whole plot of the story was sad. I saw the same episode two or three weeks later and I had no idea why any part of it could be depressing.

But I'm going with the group and saying you should maybe talk to a counselor or doctor. Good luck

Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.