Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » i'm whacked

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm whacked
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
uhhh... someone help?

i'm not really sure where to put this, so move it at will.

My moods are really all over the place, and I really don't know how to control them
They go way way up at one moment, and way way down, as in really depressed, want to die the next.

what's going on?

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This can be a number of things. From just being a teen to clinical depression. No one is a doctor here and we can't really tell you what's going on ... it would be great if we could Maybe talking to a doctor or guidance counselor might help you sort out your feelings and help you figure out where they come from and what you can do to cope w/ all the mood swings.

Thoughts of suicide are not ok. If you ever really feel you're in danger of harming yourself it is extremely important that you tell someone ASAP or call 911 and get your buns to the hospital.

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bad_kitty3
Neophyte
Member # 4491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bad_kitty3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey
Sometimes it helps when you're feeling depressed to write a diary - I find that sometimes helps me! Or otherwise right out your feelings on a piece of paper - it can help to put things into perspective. It can help to talk as well - you can email me anytime
lotsaluv
xx

Posts: 7 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmy G
Neophyte
Member # 4520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, my first post. Well, there's really no way to 'control' your feelings, I can't help but emphasize how much it helps to talk to a friend, or just anyone. Often parents aren't able to help with this stuff (mine aren't, they don't want to believe it goes on inside of me), so you need to find someone trusted, and tell them about it. It may be more serious than just feeling up and down, so if you notice no change at all, it's a really good idea to go to a hospital.

And hey, if you don't have anyone to talk to about it, email me or message me on icq

Posts: 1 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seriously suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible. What you discribe sounds like bi-polar disorder, also known as manic depression. However a MD or a psychiatrist would have to make the real diagnosis. if it is bi-polar disorder, it can be very succesfully controled with medication (usually lithium, sometimes in combo with one of the prozac family of drugs). Do not just let it go, since it is often progressive, ie the highs tend to get higher and the lows lower over time. If you are already having thoughts of suicide you need to get help now.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cupcake:

My moods are really all over the place, and I really don't know how to control them
They go way way up at one moment, and way way down, as in really depressed, want to die the next.

what's going on?

I get like that all the time. Not that its normal or anything but I'd do what Jimmy G said and talk to someone you trust or if you think its really starting to hurt you or you are going to try and hurt yourself I'd get to a doctor or counselor. We're here if you need us.

Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.