Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » attempted rape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: attempted rape
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

A year ago my neighbor, who I had a crush on, tried to rape me. He had just gotten out of jail like a month before that for raping a girl. It was two days after prom and his birthday, so I guess he thought he would come over and get a "birthday present" from me. He came knocking on my window and I went and opened the door for him figuring he wanted a beer or something because that is what he always came over for. He came in the house and we talked for a couple of minutes and he started kissing me. I thought it was no big deal even though I knew he was pretty drunk. Then he started bending me over backwards trying to force me to get on the floor. He was a very strong guy and he succeeded. He kept on trying to pull down my underwear and kissing me so hard I couldn't get my face away from him. He unbuttoned his pants and physically forced me to touch him. I kept on telling him no and trying to push him away but nothing worked. My mom was asleep in the next room but I was afraid. I tried not to wake her and get him out of the house at the same time. Luckily, one of my friends was there at the end of all that terror and helped me get him off me and pushed him out the door. I didn't tell my mom what happened until two days later. I felt like it was my fault because I let him in the house.
Now I can't handle guys touching me or getting too close, or at least some guys. It's like they send off these vibes telling me if I can trust them or not. You would think that after all that I wouldn't want to have sex with anyone, but it's like I'm out of control. I can't touch anyone done there but it's like I'm trying to get proof of something but I don't know what. I feel like all that was my fault, but I really know it wasn't. I just can't forget about it. It's like it is carved in my brain forever.

Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because a rape wasn't completed doesn't mean you don't need the same sort of support most rape victims do. Nor that you can "just get over it."

I'd suggest you go to a rape crisis center or support group, and hook up with a good support system to get some help working your way through this.

Try calling the following in your area for a referal or suggestions:

Rape Victim Services, Inc.
Sherry Bone, Director
P. O. Box 8506
Paducah, KY 42002-8506
Ph: (270)442-5797 or (800)928-7273
Fax: (270)443-9203

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.