Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I feel like I have no real friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel like I have no real friends
Ms.45
Neophyte
Member # 3753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms.45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm 15 years old and I feel like I have no real friends.

Well,this is my story:
Back in the 7th grade, I have got into a fight with this boy..who have been hurtful tensing me for an year. And I had no one to back me up or nothing. So, the hole school was against me,I had no else to go from there. So, I move from that school, to a new school..where I met almost all current close friends. We still go places together, but sometimes some of the commiunation seem one side.
Even though I have a new friends..it just seem that no one ever one to get close to me as person. SO, what should I do about this

Posts: 7 | From: Fresno,Ca, U.S.A | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ms.45. I can only imagine what it's like to have the whole school up against you... I'm glad you transferred to a new school, though.

Don't blame yourself for having not having many friends (unless you have a reason to because you've been lying to them or hurting them). Maybe you just haven't found the right group of people you can connect with. I'm currently looking for that group of people myself.

I think everyone goes through a time where they feel like they don't have any friends. But there are things you can do to help that. I'm thinking of joining a church youth group... Maybe that could help you, too. If you're religious, chances are you'll meet people there who share the same beliefs as you, and you'll have something to talk about. If you're interested in art, you could take an art class. If you're interested in theatre, join a theatre group. Go to a place where people may share the same interests and ideas as you; it's easy to start friendships when you're both interested in the same thing.

Good luck .

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.