Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » So sad, so confused, want to die! Help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So sad, so confused, want to die! Help!!
Becki
Neophyte
Member # 3655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, well nows my chance to ask for help but it's so hard. For about well as long as i can remember i have cut or hurt myself in many different ways to forget the pain i feel. I also have an awful relationship with food. I guess u can say i have the tendencies of a bulimia sufferer. Most of the time i just want to die. I want help. I know i need it! I just don't know what i'm doing, who i am, or why i do the things i do?
I feel like such an idiot because i know people go through problems everyday and they get through them. I on the other hand seem to be going in circles. I don't know why i feel so sad and confused and hurt and god there is soo many emotions i don't even know what i am feeling! There are so many things in my life that have affected me, lots i can't even talk about. Still i need advice, how do i get through this? I can't tell my mum so i need ways to help me that don't involve her. If u have advice for me pls e-mail me at blinkfan17@hotmmail.com Thanks Love to all, Becki.

[This message has been edited by Becki (edited 05-07-2001).]

Posts: 1 | From: Ipswich,Qld,Australia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen!

As you can see, many people on these boards are going through similar struggles to yours, and we all feel lost and discouraged at times. But know that you've now got lots of people encouraging not to give up hope and give up the fight against self-destruction.

If you can't talk to your parents, is there someone at school you could talk to? A guidance counselor or a social worker that works for your school? If you are religious, sometimes people who work for your religious organization can help you find help.

I recognize that your reasons for not wanting to talk with your mum about this are probabably personal, but if you do have any kind of positive relationship with her, it might be helpful to let her know that you're going through a bad time. She could probably get you help as well. For me, telling my parents that I needed to see a counselor was one of the hardest things I ever did, but it was ultimately the best thing that I could have done.

Good luck!

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought I would post some links that might be helpful. I know that before I talked to my parents about feeling depressed and coping with bulimia symptoms and OCD food patterns awhile back, it helped to assemble my thoughts somewhat. Made it easier to sit down and say, "look, I've been feeling down, this is what I think is wrong, can we check it out?" than snapping at my mom one day and screaming "i don't know what's wrong with me, i can't do anything, etc. " because it makes it easier on both parties, I've found, if you can try and pinpoint what you're upset about. Plus I've found in my experience parents are alot easier to talk to when you're being direct so they can realize it's not just us "being teenagers," y'know? http://suicidal.com/depressionlinks/
(A handy-dandy site with LOTS of links and hotline numbers, checklists, etc.)
http://www.nmisp.org/eat.htm
(This site also has information on anxiety disorders and suicide education and research, as well as ways to be screened for these illnesses)
http://www.bme.freeq.com/news/selfmutp.html
(This site explains the link between eating disorders - mainly bulimia - and cutting, and also has an 800 number to call about cutting if you can't talk to your family or a friend)

Hope these help. I really hope you can open up to family, friends or a counselor (check out a local clinic for a referral) and talk about this. These links may give you an added boost by reinforcing that you're not alone. Especially on Scarleteen - where, since everybody lives in different time zones - somebody is bound to be on the boards every hour of the day to help.
Take care.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh honey, *huggles*.

Talking to someone is always a good idea. If not your mum, a family friend? A school teacher? It's tough to have to go through all this stuff on your own hon. And I think having someone to talk to would make you feel alot better.

Have you also tried writing in a diary or a journal? It tends to work for alot of us so how about giving it a shot?

And if you ever need to talk to someone, most of us are contactable by ICQ and email. Keep your chin up honey. And I hope things start looking up for you soon. *hugs*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.