Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Confused about memories

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused about memories
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, last night i saw a guy, he was hitting on a friend of mine and me, and i was listening to him and looking at him, and a had a flashback. I remembered lots a stuffm i think he tried to rape me a few years ago, i remember excactly what happened, and i dunno if he did rape me, or what. I just remember being pushed on steps, and someone on top of me, and then me running out of the building with the kids hat, to get him away, and leaving it on a post. I remeber everything before that, vividly exactly everything i did. so whats going on? what should i do?
Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you had an attemtped rape a couple years back, you would likely remember it if you were awake and even moderately sober.

What did you do at the time? Did you prosecute, what have you? Who did you tell about it?

Really, "flashbacks" are generally not something that happens to people save from drug-induced experience, or serious post-traumatic stress disorders (or in the movies). If you have NO surrounding memories of this actual event, no records, no people who you told, and this is the only time you have envisioned this scenario, it is HIGHLY unlikely it occurred, unless you were not coherent or sober at the time.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 05-05-2001).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was totally sober, hadn't touched a thing, i remember everything leading up, how i started talking to the guy, up to getting pushed on the stairs, and then i'm on my way home. i don't remember how i felt when i was on my way home, scared and confused. i didn't tell anyone, i haven't told anyone.

I guess it wasn't really a flashback it was just like a quick image, just kinda the incedent popped into my mind, when he was talking to us, and i was sober that time as well. unless you call apple juice a drug

Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like it's really unlikely a rape happened. Really, it simply isn't something you forget, nor that leaves no physical consequences which are pretty impossible to ignore.

What it may have been, however, was your intution telling you that guy is bad news.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.