Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » my girlfriend may be pregnant help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my girlfriend may be pregnant help!
benreader
Neophyte
Member # 3756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for benreader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.
well yeah about an hour ago my girlfriend whom i completley adore and confide in told me that she might be pregnant.
We have slept together once, and i used a condom, it was kinda old, but it didnt have any holes or rips...
She said she hasnt had her peiriod for over a month and that just this year she has become regular...
we are both really worried, but i will stick by her... i would like to know the chances of her actually being pregnant.
regards,
BENREADER guy who is really scared and worried

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you used a condom, the likelihood of her getting pregnant is quite slim but then no contraception method is 100% foolproof. You say the condom is old but you didn't state how old.

Do check out our Pregnancy Risk Checklist

It would also be wise for your gf to go out and buy a pregnancy test kit to check if she is indeed pregnant. After she has done the test, you can then decide what to do from there.

You might also want to check out these articles.

Birth Control Options

Sex Readiness Checklist

------------------
Want More Lin?

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 05-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 05-17-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
benreader
Neophyte
Member # 3756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for benreader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok sorry...
the condom was given to me buy a health thing at school late last year.
She has also got the flu like in the last two or three days, if that could help...
regards,
BENREADER - guy who is really scared

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Most condoms come with an expiry date on the wrapper. It's something you might check in future. The expiry date is usually 3 years from date of manufacture and there is a built-in safety factor. So unless you got that condom 3 years ago, it's probably safe.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are really worried go pick up one of those pregnancy tests, they are pretty accurate.
Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok honey, as I said, the likelihood of her getting pregnant is fairly slim but it would probably put both your minds at reat if you went out to get a pregnancy test kit right now.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
benreader
Neophyte
Member # 3756

it OOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK!
she got her peiriod this morning so yay!!!
any reason why it could have been late???
i heard it might have been cause it was her first time...
regards,
BENREADER - guy who is finally at rest!

P.S. i got some brand spanking new condoms so we will try again! cause it hurt her the first time, andi want her to enjoy herself as much as i did.

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

There could be a hundred and one reasons why her period was late. Change in diet, falling ill, stress etc.

So good for you on getting your condoms and to make things even more pleasurable for the both of you, invest in some Astroglide lubricant as well.

It is probably a good time for your gf to set up an appointment to see a gynecologist as well.

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, unless conception occurs, there's no way sex can affect periods. I mean, if I'm due next week and have sex tonight, I'll still get my period next week. (But I do have regular cycles. She might not).
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, condoms are not 100% effective. Believe me, I know this from experience. The same thing happened to me recently. So, that is way a backup method of birth control should be used. If your girl wants to have the child, be prepared. If she wants an abortion be there for her emotionally AND financially bcuz it is a bit costly.
Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Benreader, you didn't mention whether or not you used lubricant when you and your girlfriend had sex- using lube is likely to make it more comfortable for her, and it also reduces the chance of condoms breaking, so it's a necessity for safe sex. Make sure it's a water based lube (Scarleteeners like Astroglide), as oil based ones deteriorate condoms, which is BAD.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and one more thing- she might still want to take a pregnancy test, even though she got her period. Sometimes women can get monthly bleeding several months into a pregnancy. This was the case with my sister and her first child.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.