Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » *Do Do, Do Do* the VIRGIN ZONE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *Do Do, Do Do* the VIRGIN ZONE!
margi007
Neophyte
Member # 1176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for margi007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is Margi and I’m a "virgin". I’m seventeen and I have had absolutely no sexual interaction with another person, not even kissing. I don’t really consider myself sexually inactive because I have a pretty full sex life with myself. I guess the reason I’m posting is because I sometimes have a hard time dealing with the sexual frustrations and societal pressures that I feel and it would be nice to have some support. I feel like a full fledged sexual being, I’m very comfortable with my sexuality and my body, but it feels like I cant talk to anyone about my insecurities regarding sex for fear of sounding desperate or pathetic. I love myself and I revel in my sexuality but there are haunting questions that float around in my psyche like “what is so unattractive about me that no one wants to be with me?” These are just fears I know, and I guess they are unfounded but its like I have this big question mark hanging above my head because of the absence of sexual interaction with another person. It took me a long time to learn to love my body and it is very frustrating to have these doubts floating around in my head, making me feel bad. Not to mention the fact that get horny as hell. Can anyone relate? Any words of wisdom/ encouragement?
Thanks,
Margi

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, the truth of the matter is that just about anyone could find PLENTY of sexual partners if they wanted to, they just might not all be what or whom you wanted.

However, it sounds to me like you've realy got your stuff together, gal. You're right -- you ARE a full-fledged sexual being all on your own, and you know, knowing that and experiencing that will make partnered sex -- when and if you're interested in it -- all the more pleasant and enjoyable for you and yours at a later date.

Too, it's important to realize that what another person can give you can't really physically give you any more than you can give yourself. What a partner gives you is company and intimacy on an emotional level. And when you're ready for that, want it, and find someone you want it with, then it's all good. If none of those things are the case yet, you'd stand to get little to nothing out of it anyway.

(Love the topic title, btw.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh sweetie, I absolutely agree with Miz S.

The fears and doubts you have are those everybody faces. Even those in a sexually active relationship.

You sound like you've got your head screwed on tight onto your shoulders and you really know what you want. Good for you dearie.

And to ssatisfy your sexual needs, there is always the good ol' 'M' word. Masturbation. It's a fab way to learn to love and enjoy your own body.

*hugs* sweetie. I think you are doing real great.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margi007
Neophyte
Member # 1176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for margi007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww... thanks guys . Those were really sweet posts. They made me feel much more secure. I know my fears are unfounded... blah blah blah... but it gets a little tough sometimes... especially when my insecurities get in the way of pleasuring myself which sometimes happens. Thank god I have a therapist; I’m trying to work through it. There was an article in "pink slip" a long time ago, about how to "get a man", it was sort of a kick in the pants to the idea that a girl needs a man, it had a great list of things to do if you want to meet someone. I liked it so much because it made me feel better about not having a guy around. Do you guys still have that column? I would love to read it again.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no reccollection whatsoever about what that could have been, but there is nothing like that in any of our articles.

Actually, I can't imagine there ever would have been because that whole Cosmo concept of "man-catching" is really abhorrent to me.

??

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margi007
Neophyte
Member # 1176

I might not have made it clear in that post (it seems I made it sound like I wanted a cosmoish guide) The column seemed to be a reaction to those cosmo-esque articles. I think the author received so many letters like "where/ when/how can I meet boys?" that they wrote a column basically saying "get over it already! But if you must have a list of things to do that will make you have more social interaction here are some things..." it included stuff like “#5 Look like you have somewhere to go. #6 Have somewhere to go.” It was really witty. Sort of dashed all those woman-needs-man-to-be-happy stereotypes to the wall.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.