Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared
Sweet Girl
Neophyte
Member # 3258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's this guy at school who likes me and its been going on now for about a couple of weeks and now its getting to the point where he's actually scaring me. He's suddenly "there" out of no where and he calls me all the time, he won't leave me alone, and its starting to scare me, its like he's stalking me and won't leave me alone. All my friends think I'm overreacting and say its all in my head, but I don't think it is. I don't know what to do I've tried telling him to leave me alone but he doesn't listen. I get so scared whenever I see him. Am I overreacting?
Posts: 19 | From: Somewhere in the USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell a teacher in your school, principal, or guidance counselor as soon as possible. They tend to take these things pretty seriously. The moment you tell someone to leave you alone and they don't, it is a serious problem.

And to answer your question, I do not think you are overreacting. So tell someone as soon as you can. I dealt with a major stalker two years ago and it really scared me....and I learned that nothing should be taken lightly, if you feel uncomfortable about something, tell someone who can help you as soon as possible.

This could easily be something completely harmless, but better safe than sorry.

------------------
Lil Siren

Read My Thoughts...

[This message has been edited by Siren (edited 04-12-2001).]

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you have good reason to be scared girlie and you are not overreacting at all. It is natural to want to protect yourself and make sure you are safe.

So do as Siren said and go talk to a teacher or a counsellor who can maybe talk to this boy and tell him nicely that he should leave you alone. Tell your parents as well so they can keep a lookout for you.

If things do not let up, you might have to consider some serious action like telling his parents about your fears and asking them to do something about him or even going to the police.

I also hope this is just harmless but it is always better to be safe than to be sorry.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything that makes you uncomfortable isn't cool. Like the previous responses have read, it would be the best to tell someone.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.