Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » D-I-V-O-R-C-E

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: D-I-V-O-R-C-E
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.

I thought I'd start a topic for anyone dealing with the effects of divorce. Whether it's your parents, a close relative or friend, or even you (for some of our older scarleteeners), here's a place to talk about it.

My parents divorced when I was 18, and I got sucked into the middle of it, and it was pretty messy. They've both remarried now, and I get along well with both of my parents and reasonably well with their spouses. Of course, I also live several hundred miles away...

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm ...

I was 5 when my parents split. My dad moved out, just down the street at first, and my sis and i stayed w/ mom. They got divorced when i was 11, and i stayed w/ my mom and sis up until i was 16 (I'll be 17 in 22 days! lol) ... Now i'm living w/ my daddy. Mom and Dad still bicker, but it's not as bad as it used to be. Even tho i was really little, i can still remember it quite vividly

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wrote a pretty neat creative piece about stuff like this, but i think it's too long to post.

ok, that was totally unrelated.

i'm going back to lalaland now.

em

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents split up when I was 7. It's not so bad though because my mom and dad live in the same town, only a couple of streets away from each other. They also get along realitively well, a little bickering, but not bad. Me and my sis and bro live with mom during the week and dad during the weekend and in the summer it's every two weeks with each parent. So I had some good luck in the whole divorce sceme of things.

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at Ladybug705@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.