Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » adoption

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: adoption
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i called the court and got all the information i need on my husband adopting my son. well i called the biological father today and asked him to sign the papers. he said he needs to think about it. he asked me if he could see Justin and i said why would i let you see heim you havent seen him for the last 2 years why would you want to see him now. i told him that Justin has a mom and dad who love him and a whole second family on his daddys side and that he doesnt need one that isnt going to be there. he said he had to think about it for a while. i told him that he either has to sign the papers and let shawn adopt him or pay child support. i told him he has until tomorrow to think about it because monday i am either filing the adoption papers or i am calling the child support place. i told him that he considers Shawn his daddy so why does he need a father that doesnt care about him see him or love him. he doesnt need that. so now i am calling him back tomorrow if he doesnt call me. if he doesnt sign the adoption consent form then monday i will file for child support.
wish me luck everyone and pray for me and Justin that he signs the papers.

------------------
fairykoger@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda puzzled as to why he would want to see him after 2 yrs as well ...

Your son won't remember him and it'll just confuse him even more. He doesn't need that ... He has to decide if he wants to be in his sons life or not. There is NO in b/w. If Justin decides that he wants to know/meet his biological (i won't even say real) father when he's older, he can. Right now, his dad needs to grow up.

Best of luck sweetie ... I think you're doing the right thing!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck sweetie...and good for you for being strong about this. I think it's really cool that you know what you want and you're out there getting it!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck for this, girl - great that you're so determined about this, dear. Am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

*sending good thoughts to Justin's biological father so that he'll sign the papers*

Alles Liebe,
Alaska

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-11-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear. Justin's biological dad sounds like he is just being an a**hole.

I hope everything works out koger. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hey, if he signs the papers, how about changing your nick to happykoger? Although that's not actually possible..oh well.

All the best hon. Let us know what happens.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 02-11-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everything works out for you! Good luck with it all
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i have bad news. i talked to justins biological father and he said he needed to think about it first. well he has been avoinding me since then. but i am filing for child support on monday and i know he doesnt want to pay child support so maybe when he sees the papers that will make him pay he will sign the adoption papers. thats what im hoping for anyway. if not i have to come up with a couple thousand dollars to get a lawyer so i can go through with the adoption by reason of abandonment. here legal abandonment is two months it will be two years on mothers day. either way i will get what i want. i will not have it any other way.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Hugs* koger.

I really hope everything works out.

God, his father is just being a big fat jerk isn't he?

Sending positive energy your way.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from me, too, koger. Don't let this put you down, good that you're so determined, hon.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.