Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I need answers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need answers
mystical_valley
Neophyte
Member # 2602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystical_valley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you call a person who stays depressed about 93% of the time? I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm never happy anymore. The only thing I ever do anymore is sleep, school, eat or cut myself. I don't know what started me cutting I just picked it up one day and I haven't stopped it. But I don't cut every day, I want to but I don't. what's wrong??
Posts: 5 | From: Georgia,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clinically? You call them chronically depressed. And it is fairly common in adolescents.

No one but you can know what's wrong, honey, but I'd advise you get some help. Find a therapist or a school counselor soon so that you can find out what is wrong and work through it in a way that is healthy, which self-mutilation is not.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68261 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, therapists are wonderful people. I just started seeing a new one, she's excellent, as I imagine most are.
Before I was like you, depressed all the time ( I never cut myself though, I don't like blood). But I could never wake up, or I never wanted to see anyone. And I blamed myself for it, too, which was totally wrong. And one night I completely broke down, crying, everything. I didn't go to school for a week, almost. I saw the new therapist, and after talking to her once, I felt better.

But, I got answers why I felt this way. After seeing her for a bit, we just recently established that I'm Bipolar II. I don't blame myself anymore, and that's a great deal of comfort when I'm depressed. And I have my therapist to thank .

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a look at http://www.wingofmadness.com for some great info on depression, they also have a small section for teens with depression http://www.wingofmadness.com/teens.htm

Just as pink and Miz S have said: talk to someone about it, a counsellor in school, a teacher, a doctor, anyone who can help you in getting help.

Admitting you need help is the first step in getting it and actually getting better.

And, yup, I love my therapist as well.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-06-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystical_valley
Neophyte
Member # 2602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystical_valley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks pink, alaska, and miz scarlet.
Posts: 5 | From: Georgia,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no worries, valley, always a pleasure to help. Keep us posted how you're progressing, yes?
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hugs* honey.

Could I just say I agree with what everybody has said. Go seek help from a counsellor or someone you can trust. A family friend, friend etc.

And if you do cut, please please please kep yourself safe. Wash your wound and make sure it is germ free. Hope everything goes okay. *hugs*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
india
Activist
Member # 2550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for india     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its sad to hear. the pain of heart is really really something. I really dont know the cure. i want to share a song with you, i hope you would feel better, I will be glad even if you feel good for 1 minute.

Oh, I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land,
Oh if I ever lose my hands, Oh if.... I won't have to work no more.
And if I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry,
Yes if I ever lose my eyes, Oh if.... I won't have to cry no more.

And if I ever lose my legs, I won't moan, and I won't beg,
Yes if I ever lose my legs, Oh if.... I won't have to walk no more.
And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,
Yes if I ever lose my mouth, Oh if.... I won't have to talk...

Did it take long to find me? I asked the faithful light.
Did it take long to find me? And are you gonna stay the night?

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystical_valley
Neophyte
Member # 2602

I took your advice and went to see a counsellor and spoke to some friends and I do feel better.
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good for you honey. I really hope everything works out fine. *hugs*
Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Good to hear that, valley, hope that was the first step towards getting better for you. *huggles*

Alaska

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.