Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » i want my mommy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i want my mommy...
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been out of the nest for 3 years, and returned home less than 10 times in that span.

it seems every time i see my parents now (they visit every few weeks), they age another few years. it's scary. my dad is a wraith. his hair is almost all gone and his face is so drawn. he had cancer and that just aged him ten years in as many months. my mom's gone grey and the wrinkles are coming in as well. it's something i turn away from, but lately, i can't avoid it.

so, for the first time in my entire life, i am homesick. i miss my folks. i worry about them so much now. and from what i understand, they worry about me relentlessly. so i've heard, my mother is always on the verge of tears when she talks about me. my boyfriend tells me I should at least call them. but that's difficult since i'm really not the talking type. I'm not close to people. But sometimes, I wish I could be.

i'm so afraid that one day too soon, i'll lose one of them. i don't know how i'll handle that. when my father was ill, i couldn't stop crying, my sister snapped, and my mother tore through the house shredding up all the Christmas cards (it was a week before Xmas).

This has been on my mind lately. I wasn't planning on going home for Thanksgiving. But now, I think I should. i just need to get that out of my system.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the feeling. Go spend some time with your family......and also I add one of my favorite quotes:

"You can handle whatever life gives you. You did it yesterday, and the day before. You've done it all your life, and it has brought you to where you are today. Somehow, in some way, you have successfully made your way, to arrive at this point in your life"

------------------
http://beam.to/anode2ryan *My Ryan Page*
"Don't go in the teepee without a condom on your peepee"~Dumb & Dumber

[This message has been edited by lilnerd (edited 08 November 2000).]

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow lilnerd ... that's so cute I like that quote!!

Gumdrop ... I can totally relate to you right now. I know, i'm not away at college or anything, but i just moved in w/ my dad not too long ago. I left my mom and sis and everything i knew ... and now that's 2hrs away from me. I don't call as much as i should b/c I feel bad for leaving them and i sort of miss them. I try not to, but it just doesn't work ...

Go home to Mom and Dad. You know they want you to, and afterwards, it'll stop haunting you so you can concentrate on school ... *That's* always a barrel of monkeys' now isn't it

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.