Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » DYING OF EMBARRASMENT HELPP...NOW PLZ.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DYING OF EMBARRASMENT HELPP...NOW PLZ.
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TODAY the most embarassing thing happen.

I was shoping with my mom in a dolar shop and accidently , droped a graph paper bundle inside a shopping bag (unfortunately a grocery bag form another shop, and had some halloween candy bags inside it) , and before my mom made me realize that I was dropping the paper in another bag and not a shopping basket from that dollar store made it look like , I was SHOP LIFTING.The owner lady saw this.
She din't say anything but was follwing us , btw I took the graph paper out (which I was buying)the moment my mom told me.

I tried to talk to her but was not able .
Then we paid for the graph paper and got out of the dollar shop. ( I felt like the embarrasing moment was over).

Now me and my mom went inside this other shop which is beside the dolar shop for buying some vegetables . Now the lady who suspected me of shop lifting the graph paper comes in here to this shop, which is her neibhour shop . And talks with the cashier of the store ( in another language , probably spanish) and I don't know whether she was talking about me or something friendly between them. I tried to talk with the lady again( to confess that is was an accident that I drop the paper inside the bag and didn't intended to shop lift ) .But she just brought some label(looked like a show up) and left , so again I wasn't able to talk to her.

I don't know what to do it's killing me , Nothing in my life have ever been this embarrassing and , I need help pleaze give me any advise pleaze thanX.

p.s. I typed this just after I returned home , I din't even change my clothes , It was so embarrasing.help.

Btw I typed it in a hurry and my first language is french so my english maybe crappy .Sorry I blabbed the first time , hope my edited letter is better.

ThanX again.

[This message has been edited by PinkY (edited 30 September 2000).]

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, I am sorry, but that entire post was utterly incomprehensible to me. I have no idea what exactly happened or what you were trying to say.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what did u just say?

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have edited my post so pleaze bear with me and read it. ThanX miz. Scarlet.
And btw pink , I like the color pink and my pet name is something like pinky so that's why I choose that name. I just said that incase you thought I copied or something.

[This message has been edited by PinkY (edited 30 September 2000).]

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ohh..don't worry too much about it, it was truly an accident. If you go into that store often and you notice the woman looking at you again, then you may want to say something but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. You payed for the paper..you weren't planning on stealing it. It was a stupid accident that you fixed as soon as you realized it. Give yourself a break.
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it now. Thanks. If in the future, English is a pain, holler and we'll add an area for some more languages.

I agree with lilnerd, it's all okay. Sometimes we all do spacey things, and shopkeepers are going to be suspecious, it's simply because most of them have to deal with shoplifting all of the time.

If it's still bothering you the next time you go into the shopp, ask the woman if you can talk to her, and say something to the effect of., "I just really had to tell you this, because I can't stop feeling embarassed. The last time I was in here I mistakenly dropped something in my bag accidentally -- which I paid for when I realized I'd done it -- but I was really worried you'd thought I was trying to steal it, and that made me feel awful, and I don't want to feel awful shopping here."

(And I do hope, if you like pink, you have visited the wonderful Whiz's site, http://www.missgirl.com. She's pretty darn pink herself, and a lovely person to boot!)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had something similar happen to me once.

I picked up a shirt in a store and wanted to show it to my friends, who were at the end of the store close to the entrance. I walked a little too far and tripped the alarm. I was mortified.

Here's how i dealt with it: okay, I know I'm a good person who doesn't steal. so dealing with my conscience wasn't a problem. what I had to do, though, was avoid the store for a *very* long time. Unfortunately, I can't think of a better solution. But in time, it'll blow over and it won't be so bad. Really. You'll feel right as rain. And I hope there's other One-Dollar stores you can shop at from now on.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Thank you to all of you ,it realy did make me feel better, and I was happy to know there are so many of you , who cared to answer me thanx again. And if anyone else have any opinions answer pleaze. ThanX.
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
o, haha, u copying me didnt even occur to me (the ditz part in my signature,hehe )
i see what u mean now, and that woman was just being a bitch. thanks to stereotypes, teenagers are often put under suspicion. i wish it would just stop well, its probably best just to forget it, and avoid that store for a while

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.