Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Poly & Ethics Help Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poly & Ethics Help Needed
windmarkbob
Neophyte
Member # 95600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windmarkbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Research help needed: Looking for good sources on ethical considerations related to polyamory/polygamy (polygyny, polyandry, and polygynandry). Ideal sources would address polygamy within specific ethical frameworks, such as Kantian deontology, utilitarianism, divine command theory, care ethics, pluralism, moral relativism, egoism, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help me. I'm not having a lot of luck finding what I'm looking for.

Posts: 3 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is for.....?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windmarkbob
Neophyte
Member # 95600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windmarkbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the process of researching a paper that will deal with how the ideals of poly relationships fit within various moral frameworks. I can find a lot of information in regards to justice perspectives and American jurisprudence, but nothing that deals with specific moral theories.

If you're interested, here's a little something I did last year: http://bobnoxiousthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-do-i-do-and-we-do-too-plural-marriage.html

Posts: 3 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm going to move this to the more general area of the boards then, since this area is really for personal issues, especially personal crisis issues, where users expressly need staff help.

Helping with a paper just really isn't any of those things and isn't something it's sound for us to put first, okay?

So, I'll move it to the general area and let's see if anyone wants to pitch in.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windmarkbob
Neophyte
Member # 95600

Not a problem at all. I understand. Just found the forum today and I didn't read the rules. Sorry, I blew it.
Heather
Member # 3

Nah, no worries. Just getting your feet wet, that's all. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.