Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » legal stuff is confusing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: legal stuff is confusing
lakeshoregyrl
Neophyte
Member # 24902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakeshoregyrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just discovered this site a few weeks ago and it is really cool. But theres something that has me all confused.

I'm 15 and i know that makes me underage for the law. Is it illegal for me to have sex or illegal for someone to have sex with me? My boyfriend is 15 too and we have sex, but if he is doin something wrong i don't wanna get him into trouble or get into trouble myself. Is there anything we can do that's not wrong?

Also regarding the same thing, my parents are ok with us having sex, his parents aren't. So we've always had sex at my house, but he's feelin like he's taking advantage of my parents's openness and he feels a lil bad about that even though my parents said it was ok. Is what we r doing wrong.

tell y'all what, being a virgin was a lot easier.

Posts: 6 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Louisiana, the age of consent is 17. Unfortunately, I cannot find the actual text regarding the laws, but there is usually a stipulation of age difference, and same-age partners. I will look into that, and post it here.

For more information, you can visit this Age of Consent Chart.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timichanga
Neophyte
Member # 25025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timichanga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the exact legal mumbo jumbo . . . so afterwards, I'll translate (my uncle's a laywer).
http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78672

PART V. OFFENSES AFFECTING THE PUBLIC MORALS

SUBPART A. OFFENSES AFFECTING SEXUAL

IMMORALITY

1. SEXUAL OFFENSES AFFECTING MINORS

§80. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile

A. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile is committed when:

(1) A person who is nineteen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is twelve years of age or older but less than seventeen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or

(2) A person who is seventeen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is twelve years of age or older but less than fifteen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or

(3) A person commits a second or subsequent offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile, or a person who has been convicted one or more times of violating one or more crimes for which the offender is required to register as a sex offender under R.S. 15:542 commits a first offense of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile.

B. As used in this Section, "sexual intercourse" means anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse.

C. Lack of knowledge of the juvenile's age shall not be a defense. Emission is not necessary, and penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime.

D. Whoever commits the crime of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years, or both, provided that the defendant shall not be eligible to have his conviction set aside or his prosecution dismissed in accordance with the provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure Article 893.

Amended by Acts 1977, No. 539, §1; Acts 1978, No. 757, §1; Acts 1990, No. 590, §1; Acts 1995, No. 241, §1; Acts 2001, No. 796, §1.

Okay, since you are both minors, it is not illegal in the eyes of the STATE and FEDERAL governments. I wouldn't go telling everyone about it . . . things get legally delicate when you're close to that magical age of consent. Please stay safe and enjoy yourselves!

-Tim

[Edit - added an address for authentification]

[This message has been edited by Timichanga (edited 08-22-2005).]

Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

The links I found were broken.

Fantastic!

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timichanga
Neophyte
Member # 25025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timichanga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild717:
Thanks!

The links I found were broken.

Fantastic!

Anytime ^^ I'm glad I could help!

Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.