Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » The Colorado sex mom story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Colorado sex mom story
cki3915
Neophyte
Member # 23661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cki3915     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did y'all see the news story about the lady in Colorado that held sex parties for her sons getting convicted? She said she wanted to be a cool mom. Now, my mom is open about sex, but not this open. Then again, it's hard for guys my age (15) to pass up an open sex party if it were available.

So i was wondering if y'all were in the same situation, either had a mom or knew someone with a mom like this, would it wierd you out or would you participate. For me it would seriously wierd me out, but apparently not to everyone as the story suggests.

Posts: 15 | From: Kenner, LA, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CEC523
Activist
Member # 23120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CEC523     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, my mother and I are pretty open about having sex, but our one major rule is that my boyfriend and I are not to have sex when we're at my house. So.. I don't think my mother would be a big one on the whole sex parties topic.

However, I do know a woman who pretty much lets her kids do as they please as far as drinking and smoking pot in her house. Everyone (boys and girls) stays over and that's just how it is. I bet she'd have sex parties. I wonder how her kids would feel about it.

------------------
"Talking about music is like talking about sex. Can you describe it?"
-Bruce Springsteen

Posts: 124 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't seem to find this story. Of what crime was the mother actually convicted? In Canada, the only statute I can think of is Keeping a Common Bawdy House.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The news article

So yeah, it's a whole nasty situation. Apparently the problem comes from the fact that she herself had sex with some of the boys there [?] if I got it right. That's pretty illegal, as is supplying drugs and alcohol to minors. I don't know what others' viewpoint is. Mine is just...what is the world coming to?

[This message has been edited by faifai (edited 07-27-2005).]

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the most atrocious stories I've seen, but not only because it involves an adult allowing drug use and drinking by minors and having sex with them. What equally appalls me was that THIS was her idea of being a "cool mom." If that's her idea of how to appeal to young people and gain their esteem, I have to wonder what kind of animals some people take us for.

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

[This message has been edited by lizenny (edited 07-27-2005).]

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it shows that while you can't stop growing older, you can remain immature all of your life.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.