Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » lack of information!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lack of information!
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 8 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was reading through a few posts today on how some of you get things like safe sex workshops and get free stuff like lube, condoms etc.. i live in northern ireland and we NEVER get anything like that EVER! The only sex info we get is a crap talk in school when your twelve which tells you the very basic info on periods and how babies are made. Were never taught about how to use a condom about masturbation that would be evil in the eyes of our schools system and i didnt even know dental dams and latex gloves existed until i read this site! ive had to find everything out via this site and experience.also use of lube is also basically unheard of the only place i can think o get most of these materials is ann summers and its a rip off! give me ur thoughts on this of any info or similar experiences u have encountered

luv moonbeam *)

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I actually got sex ed in school, but when I came here, I was shocked at how much we hadn't been told. That's basically the reason this site exists, though. The information's deperately needed, and just not getting to the people who need it half the time, so we're doing what we can to promote this site, and keep the information on it relevant and accurate.

Why not print out some Scarleteen flyers, and put them in your school's washrooms, bulletin boards, or folded up in the library's magazines?
The page for it is here: http://www.scarleteen.com/flyer/index.html

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you know, I think I'll send this to Ethics and Politics, so the guys can respond too.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.