Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Strippers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strippers
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are some countries in this world that has stripper clubs where in some places it is forbidden and others it is promoted.

Yesterday I saw something on TV about public cameras catching people in action. IT was called "THE MOST SHOCKING BEHAIVOR" CAUGHT ON TAPE. I witnessed women in stripper clubs. And as hard as this may sound but I have never seen women getting so crazy in front of male strippers. They cheered and applauded and got horny.

Some of them stripped themselves in front of the male strippers and were waiting for them to "take over." And some of these women were married. The tape was censored, so they didn't reveal the private body parts. It wasn't rated though.

So what I'm asking is... has this society in this century changed in a way more females spend their times at male stripper clubs than what has happened the past few centuries, where females were not given the same opportunities as men ?

Today and yesterday, I'm glad that women are getting their pay of equal rights. I believe women, just like men, are created equally. But, in regards to this post, I like to know how some of you women feel about male stripper clubs.

FUN ? Exotic ? Horny ?

Just a thought,
Antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have never been to a strip club i will never go to a strip club and have no interest in them. i dont need some guys that i dont even know flopping their stuff in my face!!!!! and besides a guys penis erect even covered looks funny

------------------
fairykoger@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to agree with unhappykoger here. It just does nothing for me. I read an article someplace that suggested strip clubs existed solely for the purpose of encouraging female bonding. That women find these experiences embarassing and amusing and therefore bond through them. I have no idea if that's true or not...and I'm certain that you can't say it's true for all women!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here with me. Male *stripping* in the form you're talking about (Chippendales etc.) does nothing for me at all. - Mainly because I find all the mock-hip-swaying rather stupid and dumb. And because those super muscly guys with the long hair simply aren't attractive in my view. The only guy I'd want to strip for me is my partner, actually.

I agree with Kitten on the bonding between women though. It does sound logical in a way...isn't it a typical thing to do on Batchelorette Party Nights to get drunk and go out to a Strip Club? I guess all that screamin isn't terribly serious at all. And I guess another reason why women enjoy those stripping nights might be because it is so against stereotypes that I assume it can simply be an exhilariting experience.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alaska, unhappykoger, and kittengoddess...

I see where you're pointing. Thanks for the input though. I just wanted to know what your opinions were toward this subject.

I'm a guy and sometimes women expect EVERY guy or MOST guys to go to stripper clubs. I have never been through one before.

And to be honest, I can actually percieve that SOME women find stripper clubs fun, amusing or even embarrassing. So to put this clearer, we're all different I guess.

Thanks though.
antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by antonio99:

I'm a guy and sometimes women expect EVERY guy or MOST guys to go to stripper clubs. I have never been through one before.

No, most women dont think that, well at least I dont and the people I know dont. If you feel like going to one go, nobody should make you do something that you dont want to do. Some guys think it isnt right for women or men to show there bodys the way they do.

Personally I dont mind, its a job, and to me it shows that women and men that do strip are confident of themselves and their bodies.
Something that we should all be proud of.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

thanks glittergirl.

I never have been to a stripper club and I don't want to go. And what I said in the last reply message doesn't mean that I don't intend to go if I wanted to.

I probably feel like most guys did go... but i'm just making an assumption. Anyways, thanks for the reply though.

Peace,

antonio99

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, we have no Strip clubs in Singapore. Heck, we don't even have Cosmo. WHat stripping you talking about?

But I honestly wouldn't mind going to one if I had the chance. After all, I can't judge unless I go to one right? (alright, flimsy excuse).

I guess I don't see anything wrong with male stripper clubs unless some men are being forced into the line.

But I think the emergence of these clubs has little to do with feale empowerment or anything like that. And ermm, I'm not too excited about the fact that male stripper clubs is my "pay of equal rights"

And honestly, men showing their bits just does nothing for me. I would check one out though. just for the fun of it.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

lin,
hmm... well, I think checking one club out for the fun of it would probably be an experience. ( or is it your flumsy excuse )
Hmmm ? Hmmmm ? Or are you just excited to go if you ever get the chance ?

You can hop to the U.S. anytime. I heard there's a lot of female stripper clubs in TEnnessee. I never tried it, but I don't want my female friends to brand me a perve. Besides, I probably get more attention when I'm PURE. And what I mean by PURE is I'm a virgin and I've never done anything bad with a girl and my ex gfs have let me for other guys and I'm still currently single and some college girls find me attractive. So aside from that and IF my female friends know I'm PURE, I guess they find that quality innocent and so they feel comfy talking to me.

I like that... I really do. And to be honest, it's a good feeling talking to them too.

I miss them and right now I just finished my exam.
Whew... that's over.

Antonio99

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And should I assume that by saying you are PURE because you are a virgin, all virgins are IMPURE?

Coz I do not like being branded like that just because I have had sex.

Purity is a very personal definition. I do not consider myself or my fellow friends who are involved in sexual activity as impure. What about those who were raped? There are rape victims and molest victims around the boards. A little sensitivity would be appreciated.

So please watch the generalisations.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stop the train right here, buddy.

"Purity" and having had sexual contact have but squat to do with one another. Know what I remember hearing in my early teens? That I was not "pure" because I'd been raped, or that I was "spoiled" by it. Can you imagine how that feels or how ludicrous that is? But that's what that whole idea of purity as being something that has to do with sexual experience creates, that mentality, and it is mentality which is grossly unhealthy and degrading to people.

Beyond that, consensual sex isn't "bad" nor does it somehow make one's body, mind or soul "impure." It also doesn't mean one isn't "innocent." It doesn't mean anything except that someone has haad sexual contact with another human being: and what that means to them or how it has effected their lives is ENTIRELY subjective and individual.

If people treat tyou differently because you have or have not been sexually active, that's not a good thing. Flatly, that's a very closed-minded bigotry on their part, and anyone commands more respect than that.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Lin: I didn't mean to offend you. Whether you want to go to a male stripper club, I don't mind. Just go ahead for the fun of it. And I hope what I said in my last message doesn't mean that PEOPLE who have had sex are IMPURE. And by the way, I don't brand those people as impure or horny nympho human beings. I think people who has had sex are having more fun than me. They're enjoying it. They're experimenting. Whether they're adults, young teens or old people, I think they're having the rock n'roll of their life. ( by the way, don't get the wrong idea I'm waiting to get laid. I'm not. I'm just offering my opinion on the subject )

I was only defining myself as someone who hasn't had wide experiences and I'm 19. I couldn't find a better word to describe what I wanted to describe. So I came up with the word PURE but used my OWN definition of it. And if I wanted to say something OPPOSITE of it, I would have used another word and I don't mean to say it was gonna be impure.

And to MIZ Scarlet, thanks though.

And to Lin: I hope you understand.

antonio99

antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

One more thing:

MIz Scarlet: I'm sorry about what had happened to you when you were young. I don't know what else to say, but I think you're one good teacher here with all the good advices. Keep it up

And lin: impure or pure... just forgive me for bringing that up. You're not impure for having sex. And if a girl was raped and branded impure, I'd do anything to beat the F***ING guy up. Rape is degrading.. sick and nasty. I hate it when rape crimes are being reported... don't you think a guy like me get angry at that ? ...
I do... and damn... I tell you...
I sure want to kill those guys for doing so. I REALLY MeAN IT..

i hope you understand,

Antonio99
P.S. Rape is wrong.

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Antonio..do understand that all we see on the boards are words.

And if you honestly can't find a better alternative then please don't post until you find that elusive word.

You might not have meant what you said but may I know how was I supposed to take what you said differently?

quote:
And what I mean by PURE is I'm a virgin and I've never done anything bad with a girl

Either elaborate or don't post until you have the right word. It's no use elaborating after you have hurt or upset someone. It's too late then. And yes, I know I am not impure for having sex.

antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

And if I have hurt you in any way LIN, then do accept my apologies. I'm sorry.

I came to this post to freely write my thoughts on things I don't understand or do.

If I was to sit down and think 30 minutes before sending this letter, then I'm only wasting my time. It's not like I'm going review an entire english essay after writing something for 5 minutes and then previewing the whole thing.

Sorry... I don't mean any harm.

Antonio99
P.S. I have sometimes thought people who have had sex are open-minded and more experienced.

antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

did I make a mistake in my last post ?
I meant " if i'm going TO review.. " not "going review. " jeesh.. sometimes i just type so fast.

And lin... if you were to know how I may have felt about what I said to you, then now you know it.
I felt bad. Yeah, I did.

I hope you understand that I'm the nice guy here and I'll do what you told me to do. I'll look over my messages before sending them.

Antonio99

XxFIFxX
Activist
Member # 2109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxFIFxX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My b/f said I'm too fat to be a stripper

Ooh well... back to my hopes of being a politician LOL

------------------
*I wish I didn't care, but I do*

Posts: 62 | From: Los Angeles, CA USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YOUR BOYFRIEND SAID YOU WERE TOO FATT?? WHAT DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT??

Thats kind of mean dontcha think? I mean we have enough trouble liking our bodies already, and he says something like that?

What do you think about that? Did you say something to him? Did it hurt your feelings? If my boyfriend told me I was fat it would hurt.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

if someone says you're fat...

and doesn't love your body...

it can be the most turn off against a woman. I know not everyone is perfect, but honestly, you should never take that as a joke.. coz i wouldn't.

antonio99
P.S. how do you feel about it now ?

ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'd say the only valid use of the word purity is to describe the quality of a product.
eg. 99.99% pure deionised water, etc. ;p

I think I'd pretty much boycott most strip clubs simply because they're just tacky. Pole dancing is not much of a turn on.

------------------
Frigid, melancholy tobacconists frequently misquote leaden Shakespeare.
Whereforth is the divine amelioration?

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baloo
Neophyte
Member # 2691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok It seems like there are alot of guy opinions on this board. And most of you dont seem to represent the rest of the males.

I'm a guy and I have been to stip clubs. Notice I said clubs meaning that I have been more than once. When I go I go with my freinds and it is kinda like a bonding experience. We dont go crazy or any thing We just enjoy the show.

All the times that I have gone I was not in a relationship. I would never go if I have a girl that I'm in love with. Why would I need to? Well I dont wanna drag this on so let me just get to the point.

When ever you do something think about how u would feel if your partner did the same thing. If you would be fine with your BF throwing him self at some stripper or going crazy about some girl besides you then go a head and have fun at the club.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by baloo:
It seems like there are alot of guy opinions on this board. And most of you dont seem to represent the rest of the males.

Woah, careful with the generalisations here, baloo. And don't judge the other guys here, please.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.