Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » My boyfriend is 23 im 17 what can we do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My boyfriend is 23 im 17 what can we do?
branstar
Neophyte
Member # 5921

Icon 4 posted      Profile for branstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im seeing this guy whos 23 and im 17.. we live in Virginia.. is it illegal for us to have sex?
Posts: 1 | From: Burke, Virginia, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ageofconsent.com is a good site, and should answer your question.

I would go there and cut and paste it for you, but my computer's messing up. ;[

Hope that helps you.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"The best-looking boys are taken, the best-looking girls are staying inside. So, Judy, where does that leave you, walking the streets from morning till night?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Judy and the Dream of Horses"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I can see, the AOC in Virginia is 18, unless the partners are both under 18 but older than 15.

I'd recommend that you try to check your laws locally, if you call your local sexual health clinic I am sure they can help you locate resources.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clueless~Girl
Activist
Member # 4822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clueless~Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, as it's already been said, it seems like it would be illegal from that link.

This is off-topic, but the really weird thing about the chart on that link is that is has the consent ages for male/female relations, male/male ones, and female/female ones. There are quite a few places though where same gender sexual relations are ILLEGAL. I didn't know that...

Posts: 56 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.