Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Tips for growing out short hair? Trying to grow out a pixie!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tips for growing out short hair? Trying to grow out a pixie!
katiebird
Activist
Member # 33821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a pixie cut in June 2010 - I didn't try to grow it out until March 2011 but then it started to look messy and heavy so I ended up getting it cut really short again on May 2011. Now I'm regretting doing that because if I just left it alone, it might be to my shoulders by now. This is how it looks now: [edited: for your safety and in accordance with our guidelines, we ask users to please not post anything that personally identifies them publicly, which includes photographs - HC]

I'm starting to feel self-conscious about it and really want it to at least grow to my shoulders - does anyone have tips from personal experience? Do certain shampoos/conditioners help? What about vitamins? Any tips for styling it in general? And how long did it typically take others to grow it from short to shoulder length? Thanks for any input!!

[ 08-08-2011, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

Posts: 90 | From: east | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say it took about ~6 months. Try using lots of hair clips, short pony tails, headbands, all of that will help style it into a cute chic way...
Posts: 347 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luanne
Activist
Member # 48638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Externally, the best thing is to keep your scalp healthy, since your hair is probably too short to have a lot of damage. Don't bleach or perm it. Eating healthy and staying away from cigarettes/drugs make your hair achieve max growth potential! [Smile]

--------------------
♥♥♥

Posts: 69 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yelllowwalllpaper
Neophyte
Member # 74024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yelllowwalllpaper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hair usually grows half an inch a month. Stress, unhealthy diet and damage will slow it down. I'm trying to grow mine out too and I heard that you should get it trimmed every four to six months? No way to back it up and I'm sure someone knows more.

--------------------
"Divine I am inside and out, and I make
Holy whatever I touch or am
Touch'd from,
The scent of these arm-pits aroma finer
Than prayer,
This head more than churches, bibles,
And all other creeds"
-Song of Myself, Walt Whitman

Posts: 16 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.