Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Keeping that one person in your heart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keeping that one person in your heart
Controversy
Activist
Member # 50053

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Controversy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So since i've been on this wonderful site (i just recently joined) i've been getting help and advice with some of my problems. But this is a thread for everyone!

So my question is, how many of you have that LOVE for a certain guy/girl that just seems to never leave.

I'm in a relationshop currently, and would die for him [Smile] i love my boyfriend more than anyone, and i really wish to stay with him for the rest of my life! But i have a love for a guy other than my boyfriend, its not enough love for me to pursue it further, but its just the fact that i know he'll always be that guy that is still in my heart. Him and i are great friends, and he knows that i love him, but it never gets in the way of anything.

I always question myself, "Will my boyfriend diminish these feelings?" He probably will in time, but its not even about me loving the other guy more, the other guy just has my love, most likely forever.

Does anyone else have this same/similar situation going on in their life? Share your views on this, and tell your stories! [Smile]

(if i posted this in the wrong topic area im sorry)

Posts: 132 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why just one person? [Smile]

In other words, through life, we'll tend to love more than once person, and just because a relationship changes, or a given kind of relationship doesn't happen doesn't mean we'll stop having love for someone or stop having them in our hearts.

Most people don't question that parents can love more than one child or love a child and a partner, or that friends can love more than one friend, or that in any of those situations, loving one person means we can't love another, and the same is usually true when it comes to romantic love for most people, I'd say, particularly as the years go on and we gain more and more life experience, including interpersonal relationships.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.