Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Literary Essay on Bisexuality, any advice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Literary Essay on Bisexuality, any advice?
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to start off by saying I am not sure whether or not this is the proper place to locate this topic. If it is not I would be much obliged if one of the staff members or volunteers would move it to a more suitable location. [Smile]

I am working on an Independent Study Unit Essay (a literary essay derived from a topic I select) on the topic of bisexuality for my English class. More specifically I am thinking of writing my essay on Bi-phobia. I figured this would be a great place to start my research since I have found such phenomenal information on this site. I was wondering if any of you knew of any books, articles within or outside of Scarleteen, resources, etc on the topic of bisexuality that you think would be of help to me with this, or if anyone has any advice or other information that might help.

Thank you in advance for your help!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 859 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read "Bi Any Other Name" yet? If not, that's a nice, fat anthology I'd strongly suggest.

With Scarleteen, if you go to the main site and use the search function and put in "bisexual" or "bisexuality" you'll be linked to an awful lot of content that should help you out!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I haven't read that book yet, and I will absolutely using the search function, thank you for the advice.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 859 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfire&Shadows
Activist
Member # 31388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfire&Shadows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look Both Ways by Jennifer Baumgardner.

It didn't particularly sound "familiar" to me, but it's a very good read on the topic.

--------------------
We are all made of Star Stuff...
-Carl Sagan

...Their eyes beheld, first of all things, the stars of heaven.
-Silmarillion

Posts: 90 | From: Unknown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.